Smart marketing tricks designed to assault your wallet.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    My daily gripe:

Seems like these days, if you put a name "ballistic", "tactical", "operator", etc in front of any product (sometimes rather common or even mediocre, and certainly made in China) it gives a seller the right to charge you two to five times more its actual retail value. Sad... Tactical bottle opener anyone?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    its a key phrase that generates web traffic and populates you at the top of a search engine return.

I use and recommend it on many of my clients and customers' websites as well.

example: video on best ccw handgun and bag

keywords: tactical glock ccw chp cwp bag purse concealed conceal hidden+compartment diversion ballistic defensive combative 1911 smith_and_wesson s&w 9mm .40 gun bullet shoot self+defense video how+to gun review 2a second_amendment 5.11

It's done so that when you google: 9mm or .40 which bullets for self defense; the above video will be on the first page of results and probably near the top of the list.

edit: i attempted to prove my point, but google searching tactical fills in "tactical nuclear penguin"- a beer apparently that I now have to try. isnt the internet fun

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Of course people use fun keywords for that kind of stuff. It is SEO and Marketing 101. Look at BayouShooter's Keywords:

<meta name="keywords" content="vbulletin,forum,bbs,discussion,jelsoft,bulletin board,Louisiana Firearm, Gun, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Army, Navy, Airfore, Marines, Law Enforcement Agencies,Bayou,Shooter,bayoushooter,shooting,firiing,range,ranges,laws,legalities,ccw,concealed,carry,concealed carry,handguns,rifles,long guns,c&r,c & r,shotguns,archery,classifieds,sell,selling,buy,buying,trade,trading,trades" />

<meta name="description" content="BayouShooter.com is a forum dedicated to Louisiana Firearm, Gun, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Law Enforcement Agencies." />

I will point out that AirForce and firing are spelled incorrectly and probably have been for years. I should probably fix that :)

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    I believe that Cajun & Redneck are right up there in the keyword category. Hmmmmm. For Sale, LNIB Cajun Tactical Glock like pistol made in China, that is able to shoot ballistic rounds by any Redneck Operator that holds it. Only One Bazillion dollars.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I believe that Cajun & Redneck are right up there in the keyword category. Hmmmmm. For Sale, LNIB Cajun Tactical Glock like pistol made in China, that is able to shoot ballistic rounds by any Redneck Operator that holds it. Only One Bazillion dollars.

Runs good.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    How about Duck Dynasty? :) Man, those guys are cashing in. From Crocs to coolers, apparel, blankets, office supplies, and everything in between.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    in case our band of bearded rednecks missed it...

there is a beer called "Tactical Nuclear Penguin". I've ordered a case and absolutely cannot wait for it to get here.

Not sure if the bottles are in HD

Top Bottom