Spy Point is the worst brand of hunting equipment ever

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Those people shouldn't be allowed to do business. Their products suck, I tried to call and activate the warranty on a Cell-Link unit I bought, and they are just giving me the run around, and doing everything they possibly can to avoid sending me a replacement unit. It's a $40 unit!! I said I would mail it back first and then they can mail me back the replacement and they still want to run through endless troubleshooting. I already spent hours trouble shooting this POS in the field and now they want me to do all this all over again on the phone with someone who works in a call center...... Save yourself the money, time, and sanity and stay away from Spy Point products. If you work for that company and have any say in customer service you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Thankyou for reading.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    I have both types, one that takes batteries and one that has batteries recharged by solar.
    Never have issues with them reporting images back to my phone.
    There are some areas / places that get very poor reception and may create delays or photo alerts not to come through, same as having bad signal with cellular in the area.

What issue are you having ?
    Never used the cell link device myself , just bought the regular models already equipped with cellular links.

Last edited:

Baker Shake

Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Sep 15, 2021
    Gonzales, LA
    Those people shouldn't be allowed to do business. Their products suck, I tried to call and activate the warranty on a Cell-Link unit I bought, and they are just giving me the run around, and doing everything they possibly can to avoid sending me a replacement unit. It's a $40 unit!! I said I would mail it back first and then they can mail me back the replacement and they still want to run through endless troubleshooting. I already spent hours trouble shooting this POS in the field and now they want me to do all this all over again on the phone with someone who works in a call center...... Save yourself the money, time, and sanity and stay away from Spy Point products. If you work for that company and have any say in customer service you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Thankyou for reading.
    Yep. I have 4 of them that have hardly ever worked correctly. I’ll never buy them again. I tried to go cheap on cell cams and got what I paid for I guess.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    my neighbor has 2 of them and i think hes on about is 3rd replacement... very shotty, he can sit in the stand and watch deer and never get a pic of them... or hes has max service and all of a sudden get like 60 pics from the last 8 hours or so... he never seemed to have a prob with exchanges cuase he always tells me they sending him a new one lol

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    I was gifted 2 Spy Link cams that were purchased at Academy. I think I had seen them priced at $149. They were easy to set up, will accept external power supply. Worked like a champ, got so many pics that I had to go with the unlimited pic plan but cut it off after I stopped hunting. Got the pics within 10 minutes of the time the cam checked in. The only negatives I experienced was that there are no video options. I had problems with one of the cams and used the text option to contact customer service, the troubleshooting led to replacing the camera, I had the new one in hand in about 3 business days and mailed the screwed up one back in the same box. The replacement worked right off the bat.

Now if you want to talk trash cams, just bring up Moultrie.

Top Bottom