The Coward of Broward County

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Peterson will walk. He had "no duty to protect". At least that is what the Supreme Court has said on more than one occasion.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    They aren't around to protect you. That's like saying a restrainig order is for your protection. They are there to process the paperwork and handle the aftermath when a event occurs. Oh, and to generate revenue for their respective governments they work for

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Until we hire retired operators to protect our schools this might continue. Give them teacher pay and benefits. Break glass in case of emergency. Not there to break up fights and bust kid's smoking in the bathrooms. When the wolf shows up they will gut em. I still see RO's that can't see their feet if sitting in a recliner. Also armed trained and willing teachers is a great start. But what do I know?? Our elected elites know what best. Signs...and gun control.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I think the hardest part of this situation is living with yourself after the fact. It doesn't matter if he was right, wrong, or somewhere in between. But, I guess the human brain finds ways to justify it anyway.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Until we hire retired operators to protect our schools this might continue. Give them teacher pay and benefits. Break glass in case of emergency. Not there to break up fights and bust kid's smoking in the bathrooms. When the wolf shows up they will gut em. I still see RO's that can't see their feet if sitting in a recliner. Also armed trained and willing teachers is a great start. But what do I know?? Our elected elites know what best. Signs...and gun control.
    What makes you think “retired operators” want that job? I would think after years of serving our country they would wanna be retired, and if not why wouldn’t they just apply to be an SRO? Providing teachers with training and allowing them to be armed while locked down in a classroom is a great option IMO however I don’t believe the average teacher should be clearing hallways.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    What makes you think they wouldn't? I would like to see it offered to trained veterans first. RO can still be used to deal with parking lot and minor issues. I would even venture to say many retired operators would volunteer their services to take on these task. IMHO of course.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    What makes you think they wouldn't? I would like to see it offered to trained veterans first. RO can still be used to deal with parking lot and minor issues. I would even venture to say many retired operators would volunteer their services to take on these task. IMHO of course.
    The fact they are not applying in droves lol, nothing stopping them from becoming an SRO right now.

ETA: And the fact they served, retired and probably wanna enjoy life not tote a gun around all over again.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I see your point but I'm not thinking SOP's of RO's. I'm thinking something totally different. I still feel there would be many 35-50 year olds that would love to take the type position I'm thinking of. Like I said, "break glass in case of emergency". No need for 400 officers showing up after the shooting is over.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I see your point but I'm not thinking SOP's of RO's. I'm thinking something totally different. I still feel there would be many 35-50 year olds that would love to take the type position I'm thinking of. Like I said, "break glass in case of emergency". No need for 400 officers showing up after the shooting is over.
    I understand what you are saying but unfortunately I dont think there would be as many jumping to the opportunity as you think. Just think about this, there’s a shortage of SROs when drawing from average people and you truly think there’s enough retired operators willing to sit like an hour glass in a school all day doing nothing 99.9% of the time? I just don’t see there being the turnout you think there would be. But in a perfect world it’s a great idea and could be a great step in the right direction. I think if a few of those guys would get together and start pitching the idea to the right people it could gain traction.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Dude's worst comment was saying that he was glad to "get my life back" after the ordeal of the trial. Really?!?!

I didn’t realize he said that. I was wondering if he could live with himself after this but I guess his comment answers that question.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I understand what you are saying but unfortunately I dont think there would be as many jumping to the opportunity as you think. Just think about this, there’s a shortage of SROs when drawing from average people and you truly think there’s enough retired operators willing to sit like an hour glass in a school all day doing nothing 99.9% of the time? I just don’t see there being the turnout you think there would be. But in a perfect world it’s a great idea and could be a great step in the right direction. I think if a few of those guys would get together and start pitching the idea to the right people it could gain traction.
    I think there is a better chance of getting volunteers of dads with kids already at the specific school. Then they have a reason to be there and defend. I am sure there are some retired Mil or LEO's that would volunteer their time. But I agree the pool for volunteers is quite rare.

Top Bottom