The Letter Of The Law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Either way the guy that saved the city cops life has been financially ruined from what I've read

I'm really wondering in that case what the hell is wrong with the office of the District Attorney of East Baton Rouge Parish??? If you can't save a cop without being hounded to death in court, it certainly is a deterrent to helping any one, including you and yours. I smell a hint of prosecutorial misconduct in this instance.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    And just for the record, you can't use deadly force to protect your BOB either.......

:D

What if you catch someone leaving the scene after having committed a burglary or robbery (Either you witnessed this crime or there are witnesses informing you, ie. "Stop that thief!" or "Help, that guy robbed me!" or a persons family member screaming "Dad, they stole your BOB!") and they have an item in hand that is containing a firearm (like a BOB)?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    One thing I did which may or may not help... you can increase your personal liability limit on your homeowners up to $500K for very little money. I think mine was around $35 a year extra.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    What the gentleman faces now is a civil rights violation investigation--violation of civil rights only applies to the officer. not the civilian shoote

Anybody who thinks a white cop was violating the civil rights of a black boxer who was beating the cop to death, the boxer having been shot twice by a bystander with a .45 ACP handgun during his attack on the cop and who did not stop his attack until killed by a third .45 caliber bullet to the head, is either brain dead or very racially prejudiced to the point of complete and utter irrationality.

Let me guess...the cop violated the guy's civil rights in a stop, which gave the guy the right to beat the crap out of the cop. Hey, I'm starting to see whazzupp wid dis now......

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    no input on my question?

They're ignoring you, hoping that you will go away...:rofl::mamoru::rofl: j/k

IANAL, but would think that as long as the perp is in retreat/leaving and you shoot, you are going to be in trouble, unless of coarse you have a badge, and even that would depend on what has taken place. I may be wrong, but I would not believe you would even have the right to shoot someone to stop them even if you witnessed them commit a murder.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    What if you catch someone leaving the scene after having committed a burglary or robbery (Either you witnessed this crime or there are witnesses informing you, ie. "Stop that thief!" or "Help, that guy robbed me!" or a persons family member screaming "Dad, they stole your BOB!") and they have an item in hand that is containing a firearm (like a BOB)?

Jesus, don't shoot anybody under any of those circumstances. They're after the fact. Now if they start to pull a gun on you or borrow one from Bob, that's another thing.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Jesus, don't shoot anybody under any of those circumstances. They're after the fact. Now if they start to pull a gun on you or borrow one from Bob, that's another thing.

I had something kind of like that about 2 yrs. ago. B/M trying to get out of Dodge pointed a M-4 in my direction after he got into his car after pulling a at my burglary neighbors house. The guy I was with and the other neighbor shot at the car, I didn't. I didn't have a clear field of fire when he was pointing his weapon in my direction. They missed the car but I got him caught the same day because I used my sharpie and a piece of paper. I wrote his plate # down.

Top Bottom