Thinking about night sights

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Y.T.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Central
    I'm thinking about getting some night sights for Glock 17. Anyone have any recomendations on which ones and where to get them put on?

I know some will say to just search www.glocktalk.com but we need some good discussion on here.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    i bought the meprolights for my P229 at jim's just for ease of them installing with with correct tools. any gun store selling sights usually installs them for free.

IMO the meps are brigher than the trijicons i had on the para when i had it.

SOChdCAPscr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Houma
    A friend of mine and I each got a set of Trijicons from CDNN, and we split the cost of a rear sight tool from topglock. They weren't hard at all to put on. I haven't had any experience with any other night sights, but i'm very satisfied with mine. BTW I have a Glock 23 and my friend has a 26.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I have Trijicon sights by Ameriglo on both of my Glocks, they are about $90 at Baton Rouge Police Supply and they should install them free, dont have to be in Law Enforcement to go. I got them because thats what was authorized by my department, but am very happy with them.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I have Trijicon sights by Ameriglo on my Glock 17, and though I know a lot of people like them, I have not been overly happy with them!

I shot the gun one time with them on and they immediately rusted. Its not like I allowed the gun to sit out after shooting either. I must have shot about 200 rounds and noticed the rusting. I cleaned the gun right after shooting, and I have never seen any rust on the gun itself. Has anyone else seen this problem occur?

In their defense, I contacted the Ameriglo and they offered to replace them free of charge.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    honestly whats the point of them unless you carry your firearm at night(ie: law enforcement.) Plus i would not want one on my personal weapon. They glow in the dark right? if a home inturder was inside your house , then he/she could see you weapon. My personal opinion, but its coming from a LE stance.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Phil, did you get take ameriglo up on that offer?

good points LSP, but I can see my night sights pretty easily even when its not total darkness, but in a normal carry position that shouldnt be an issue. And I definitely have a light source on it ;)

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    +1 on MeproLights. I had a set installed on my G22 at Arms Merchant in Mandeville. The installation was free with purchase.

I absolutely love them. At night my G22 sleeps on my nightstand next to me and when I wake up in the middle of the night, the three dots let me know just where Mr.G is. That makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    honestly whats the point of them unless you carry your firearm at night(ie: law enforcement.) Plus i would not want one on my personal weapon. They glow in the dark right? if a home inturder was inside your house , then he/she could see you weapon. My personal opinion, but its coming from a LE stance.

They're far too unobtrusive to be able to be seen from the opposite end of the weapon. If the perp can see your night sights, you better turn around.

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    I go with Meprolights on every handgun I own. They have a bigger dot and are slightly brighter than Trijicons. Also, the white ring around the Trijicons is painted on so some harsh cleaning solvents have been known to wear them off. On Meprolights, the rings are enclosed under the sapphire lens along with the tritium vials.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I've always been fond of the Truglo's. After replacing many trijicons from dimness I've grown to hate them. Meps seem pretty nice but I haven't found a reason to go with them yet.

tthame1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    +1 on MeproLights. I had a set installed on my G22 at Arms Merchant in Mandeville. The installation was free with purchase.

I absolutely love them. At night my G22 sleeps on my nightstand next to me and when I wake up in the middle of the night, the three dots let me know just where Mr.G is. That makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I LOVE my Meprolights....I had them installed at Hebert's, cheaper than Jim's and they did an excellent job installing them.

Top Bottom