Walther... P99 and P99c

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    Does anyone have a new Walther P99 or P99c? Or, have you shot one?

If so, how did you like them. I have heard some good and bad on the gun. Just wondering if any of you boys have some feedback on this gun.

(Still a die hard Glock boy here, just widening my horizons a little bit.)

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    I'm like the P99 fanatic.

First, I rented a fullsize one 3x last year, and I fell in love with the gun. But, Walther stopped importing the A/S version last fall. U could only get the QA version. So, while I managed to track down the P99 compact w/ A/S trigger, I could not get a fullsize one (I never buy a gun w/o seeing it - so I wouldn't order one off the net). I had to settle for the SW99 - the P99 clone that S&W makes.

I shot that SW99 better than any other gun I have shot. I even bought a $1200 1911 from Springfield, and I shot better with the SW99 (I no longer have the 1911). Finally, this year, Walther USA decided to start importing the A/S again in small numbers. Late this Spring, I was able to get a new one (unfortunately, the A/S is only available in black right now). Now, I prefer the P99 slightly to the SW99. It looks better, and I shoot it just a tiny bit better. But, both guns are really awesome.

I love the SA pull of the gun, and it is so ergonomic. Now, most guns feel "blocky" to me when I pick them up because I am so used to the grip of the P99.

Now, as for the compact - I carried a Glock 26 for 8 years. Never could get used to the Glock trigger, however. So, I never shot Glocks that well, no matter how much I practiced. Always hit low and to the left w/ a Glock, but never w/ any other gun. I took my G26 to the range 1 final time, and got tired of that, so I sold it and got that P99c. I really like this gun. Very accurate. Best I have ever shot with a gun w/ less than a 4" barrel.

The compact comes w/ a flat floorplate and one with the pinky extension. If ya buy one, make sure to later get another finger extension floorplate. It makes the gun a lot easier to shoot.

Top Bottom