Watch out for clearlyoptics.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Made an order from these guys on Sun Aug 29. Waited all week and di not get a shipping confirmation.

Sent this email on Fri, Spet 3:

"Order #XXXX Wondering if this has shipped yet? Have not received confirmation or tracking update. Thanks, James"

Got this reply:

"Mr Downie

I'm out of the office this morning but will check on it this afternoon
    for you.

Steve"

Did not receive a reply that afternoon, I sent another email later on, no reply, tried to call, no answer. Just sent another email.

This place is in Mandeville... I live in Slidell. Had I realized this I would have taken a drive and picked up the parts, that showed to be in stock...

Just a freindly heads up, not sure what is going on here...

Company info, from the website:

Clearly Optics
    C/O MBS of New Orleans, LLC
    65569 Loretta Dr.
    Mandeville, Louisiana 70448
    United States
    Phone: 985-626-1366

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Must be a home-based business, because Loretta Dr. is a residential area right down the road from me. No businesses out there that I know of. Do a Google Satellite of the address and you'll see what I mean.

That said, hopefully they're not dumb enough to rip people off from their home address, especially people that live 20 minutes away.

Bearco

Instructor
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Must be a home-based business, because Loretta Dr. is a residential area right down the road from me. No businesses out there that I know of. Do a Google Satellite of the address and you'll see what I mean.

That said, hopefully they're not dumb enough to rip people off from their home address, especially people that live 20 minutes away.

That is what I was thinking.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Found the owner Steve's Facebook, I recognize him from a local townhall meeting. He's also a member of the Northshore Tea Party. He seems like a legit guy, obviously just having some personal issues. Which is the downside of a home-based business. Not saying what he's doing is right, just saying I wouldn't worry too much about getting screwed.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Wow, thanks for the leg work guys!

Good to know that the address checks out and someone has at least seen this guy...

I own a business, and no matter what it comes first. Business fail if you do not keep on top of them...

And he is getting my emails, as he replied to the 1st on via i-phone... I am not a dick, just tell me what is up and I will be just fine. Leaving me out in the cold is like a big slap in the face...

I have ordered from tons of companies recently and this is my 1st issue, so I guess I should consider myself lucky. I could go knock on his door... Maybe going to far?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I finally got in contact with him, took 3 emails and 3 calls, all in one day and I finally received a call back.

He did admit to the drop shipping thing, and that his site is linked to his supplier's site and they were having computer issues. He was expecting to get some info and get back with me...

So I still have no idea what is going on.

Oh well.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Got the stock parts on thursday. He did get me tracking info at the beginning of the week. Parts were as described.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom