Weird Question...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    I have an Illinois liscense and can not become a citizen of LA until Feb of 2009...it is a long story but it is nothing criminal and I have a clean record...

I want to buy a firearm in LA, but I am not sure if it is within the law for someone out of state to purchase a firearm in state....

Let me know.

Mitch

fritzthecat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2007
    NOLA
    Handguns - you must be a resident of LA.
    Longguns (Rifle/Shotgun) - you must be a resident of LA, TX, AR or MS.

Fritz

armtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Handguns - you must be a resident of LA.
    Longguns (Rifle/Shotgun) - you must be a resident of LA, TX, AR or MS.

Fritz

yeah I just bought a STAG M4 off of gunbroker and watned to know if I could get it sent here instead of back to IL...

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I have a TN license and have bought a few long guns down here. You can go get a LA ID and get a pistol. At least that's what a dealer told me.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    I have a TN license and have bought a few long guns down here. You can go get a LA ID and get a pistol. At least that's what a dealer told me.

Exactly; you can get a Louisiana state ID in lieu of a driver's license. I got one after Katrina when I was splitting my time between here and North Carolina. IIRC, you'll need a passport and some bills to prove you live here.

armtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Exactly; you can get a Louisiana state ID in lieu of a driver's license. I got one after Katrina when I was splitting my time between here and North Carolina. IIRC, you'll need a passport and some bills to prove you live here.

Most of the bills are in my girlfriends name.

I do have my student loan papers sent to my address here and I do have a 2 accounts with CHASE.

Will that work?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    The account with Chase should work. It worked for me when I was changing my residency.

As for buying a gun, I am pretty sure you can buy a long gun here in LA and walk out the store with it, even if you are out of state. You can buy a handgun, but it would have to be shipped to an FFL in IL before you can ever touch it. This is what they told me at Jim's Firearms when I asked them about it.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    no. LA only allows handgun sales, even FTF sales, between LA residents. longun sales between residents or to residents of neighboring states.

Top Bottom