Weirdest thing you have seen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimfinn

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 16, 2007
    Galvez, LA
    I got this idea from another forum. What is the weirdest or neatest thing you have seen while out in nature? Could be anything...a meth lab, a cult gathering, bigfoot, an old shack, buried treasure, etc.

The neatest thing for me doesn't seem so cool now, but at the time it was awesome. I was about 13 years old, deep in the woods, and found an old playboy in a hollow sycamore tree. It was pretty much better than buried treasure at the time.

jldak318

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2006
    The Weirdest Thing I Have Ever Seen Was An Old Graveyard About A Mile Back In The Woods. There Was Headstones Dated In The Mid 1800's. It Was Only About 10-12 Graves There But It Was Something Freaky To Just Stumble Upon.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Hippies having sex.

A river runs through my parents land with nice little picnic/camping area. Although the land was posted "no trespassing", the occasional canoer/kayaker would stop for a break. We didn’t mind as long as they took their trash with them.

Back to my story – So one day I’m going for a walk down to the river. As I turn the bend, two college age hippies are buck naked doing the nasty on our picnic table. I wasn’t sure how to handle the situation and most likely would have just turned around before they noticed me but my dog ran over and startled them. Without breaking stride, I just kept walking making sure to say “how’s it hanging?”. I went home via another route since I didn’t want to cock-block the guy twice….assuming a kid walking past them with a shotgun thrown over his shoulder hadn’t already spoiled the mood (banjos from deliverance playing in the background)!

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I needed some emblems for my International Scout. Whilst traipsing down an old logging road thru the swamp I happened upon 2 fenders with the emblems I needed. The Lord doth work in mysterious ways.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    A donky show, Just kidding I have never found one the 100 or so times I've been to Mexico.

I was in Oregon on the coast and in the sky this thing came into my view at a super high rate of speed with a blue tracer like appearances made a 90 degree turn and flew out of my view with a red tracer like appearance still at this unbeleivable rate of speed. There was 6 or so of us that witnessed it. What was it? I dont know anything that can make a 90 dergree turn like that.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    While hiking on Black Creek Trail we camped on a 50' wide gas line clearing. Just before dusk the bats came out- hundreds of them flying in every direction 6 to 7 feet off the ground. We laid there looking up watching them eating all the bugs. How so many can fly like that and not collide is incredible.

7mmremmag

small time hero
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    i saw 2 black bears when I was bow hunting 5 years ago, it was really kool since no one I hunt with ever seen one in the woods I used to hunt, this was in morganza,LA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom