what 10mm would you buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    Just reading the thread about the Glock Gen 5 10mm. I am looking for a new or used 10mm used to have one years ago a Glock 20 I picked up at a gun show. Wanting another one. I see S&W, Springfield and Glock there or pros and cons about each brand. What would you get and why.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Glock but I'm biased. Lol. I actually just settled a deal with another member here a few minutes ago to purchase a G29 to go alongside my Frankenglock. I'm excited to say the least. Lol

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Personally I’d pick up the Glock but I also don’t like getting first released guns. I’d probably wait until it’s been out for about 6 months before I pick one up.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I have a G20, G29, Colt Delta Elite and a Dan Wesson Razorback.
    The Glocks are the best as far as reliability but I enjoy shooting the 1911 versions better for some reason.
    Even more oddly I like the Colt the best considering that the Dan Wesson is made significantly better.
    Doesn’t really have to make sense I suppose.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I would like to hand the glock 20 5th gen and the longer barrel of the two m&p in 10mm. If I had to guess, the inner glock fanboy in me would win. Although i held/dry fired a co workers m&p last year and it felt far better than my glocks.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    My Dan Wesson Bruin. It's a 1911, not plastic, and has a full 6" barrel! I can get my 200 gr hard ball up to speed and still control the recoil.

Attachments

• dan wesson on stand.png
      dan wesson on stand.png
      2.3 MB · Views: 94

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    thanks for the input still thinking Although the Glock has more aftermarket stuff Still looking I found the S&W 610 revolver but cant find one I'm a wheel gun guy

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I have a SIG Scorpion, Springfield XD, Glock 29, and a Nighthawk Long Slide. Sig is the BEST shooter, BY FAR but the NH is the classiest :rockon:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I have read that the early Smiths like the Model 1076 are the only 10mm made that can handle a steady diet of full power 10mm loads. You have to hand load to get them to that level and most commercial ammo is under loaded. So if you hand load I would look for an early Smith in 10mm.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You have to hand load to get them to that level and most commercial ammo is under loaded. So if you hand load I would look for an early Smith in 10mm.

Midwayusa today sells Underwood Ammo and its full power, some loads are +P power levels. Commercial 10mm ammo in the 41 magnum power range/muzzle energy. Some Underwood ammo (various calibers) at Midway have cautions concerning older handguns.

10mm ammo at Midway.

gunnut

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    PA
    I have a few DW's in 10mm and would have no problems recommending them. No troubles and they all are more accurate than I. I have an older Serva era PM-10 that would throw empties into the next county :)but some spring changes an a flat bottom FPS and I got it under control. The commander models can wear you out with some warmer loads.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom