What If...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    GM has been quietly repairing Teslas for over a year.

from above article → "It’s also a win for Tesla customers because of how crappy Tesla’s own service can be. It’s been well known for years that Tesla owners have encountered numerous problems when trying to get their vehicles repaired or serviced, often waiting months for parts or being charged exorbitantly for work. Going to a well established dealer network with the know-how to repair a vehicle properly should make Tesla owners very happy."

another source article → https://www.autoblog.com/2022/11/19/gm-servicing-tesla-cars/

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Notice zero examples are cited and no actual data to back it up. No one I know of, on any of the boards, has heard of repairs outside the Tesla network. If they are saying that they are changing tires, brake pads, and windshield wiper fluid, then ok. So can Firestone, this isnt a revelation. Since the Tesla Garage Tools Server isnt accessed outside the service centers, this is just a "journalist" using supposition as his narrative with zero data.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Read the comments from Tesla owners at the bottom of article, maybe 10 positive out of 74 comments. https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-service-center-problem-solution/

And from the tesla owner's club: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...department-sd-customer-service-so-bad.241965/

"I've been a long time owner, and this is a sad fact. Literally every part of Tesla Service is just as bad as it was in 2015. From communication, to sourcing parts, Tesla just doesn't not have this figured out. The service center employees are overworked and under-motivated to make the experience better for customers.
    The key issue is TIME. It takes too damn long to complete any serious service issue; what should take a day, takes a week. And god forbid if you need body work repair! Now you are talking months.
    It's sad, because this is the one thing that legacy auto does better than Tesla, and overtly so."

Elon Musk admits Tesla has quality problems.
    "Critics have slammed Tesla for Model 3 quality issues for years. And now CEO Elon Musk is admitting even his harshest critic was right."

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    @AdvancedLaser

Or perhaps this from August 2022 → https://www.vox.com/recode/23318725/tesla-repair-mechanic-delay-electric-vehicles-ev

"In conclusion, Consumer Reports doesn’t recommend the 2022 Tesla Model X for a few reasons. First, poor reliability hampers the Model X as previous owners have suffered too greatly."

Or this telling article (actual data) where JD Power rates Tesla seventh from the bottom out of 33 motor vehicle manufacturers in 2022: https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/29/...-quality-study-2022-tesla-polestar-ev-decline

"Electric vehicle manufacturers in particular are showing big drops in quality, with Polestar ranking dead last. Tesla, meanwhile, ranks seventh from the bottom, continuing its trend of shoddy manufacturing."

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    @AdvancedLaser

Or perhaps this from August 2022 → https://www.vox.com/recode/23318725/tesla-repair-mechanic-delay-electric-vehicles-ev

"In conclusion, Consumer Reports doesn’t recommend the 2022 Tesla Model X for a few reasons. First, poor reliability hampers the Model X as previous owners have suffered too greatly."

Or this telling article (actual data) where JD Power rates Tesla seventh from the bottom out of 33 motor vehicle manufacturers in 2022: https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/29/...-quality-study-2022-tesla-polestar-ev-decline

"Electric vehicle manufacturers in particular are showing big drops in quality, with Polestar ranking dead last. Tesla, meanwhile, ranks seventh from the bottom, continuing its trend of shoddy manufacturing."
    You kind of pivoted from GM repairing Tesla's, to Tesla's crappy Service. Not sure what topic you are on now.

But you are on the mark with the terrible service points. They really don't have the best, compared to the big three. I often wonder if their service is that bad, or their customers are pretentious millennials who don't understand they cant get their car fixed same day and they are the only one the world revolves around. I blame it on Amazon Prime :boink:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You kind of pivoted from GM repairing Tesla's, to Tesla's crappy Service. Not sure what topic you are on now.

But you are on the mark with the terrible service points. They really don't have the best, compared to the big three. I often wonder if their service is that bad, or their customers are pretentious millennials who don't understand they cant get their car fixed same day and they are the only one the world revolves around. I blame it on Amazon Prime :boink:
    BC you blindly defend Teslas here, time and time again. I guess BC you purchased one, your thought process and decision to purchase. I mean the JD Power 2022 new car quality/reliability data and rating pretty much says it all. Tesla 7th from the bottom of 33. And even Elon Musk himself now admits Tesla service sucks and needs major improvements. JD Power has a stellar reputation in the automotive ratings/reliability data industry.

Two articles I posted above about GM quietly repairing Teslas for a year above. And you immediately dispute those, no surprise there really. You want data, well I gave you data above, and plenty of it.
    No doubt trying to fill the giant hole left by Tesla service. And I'm sure making handsome profits from that too. Some Tesla owners simply desperate to have their vehicle repaired, and turning to GM services.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    @AdvancedLaser

48 days ago when we initiated this discussion you could not locate (or reveal) the true cash "out the door" price of a Model 3 on the Tesla website. Either you were incapable of it, or simply being deceptive about it. I honestly don't know which.

Laser and Tesla price.jpg

from tesla website 20 minutes ago.

Model 3 price today.jpg

I can see from your personality type (just my observations and opinion) that no matter the data, screenshots, or articles I submit here, you will not yield in the defense of your Tesla vehicle and their services. I just don't believe I can sway your mindset one iota at this juncture, so wasting my time. And I may be boring some of our readers here on the forum. So in closing, I bid you adieu and enjoy your dreamy Tesla.

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    BC you blindly defend Teslas here, time and time again. I guess BC you purchased one, your thought process and decision to purchase. I mean the JD Power 2022 new car quality/reliability data and rating pretty much says it all. Tesla 7th from the bottom of 33. And even Elon Musk himself now admits Tesla service sucks and needs major improvements. JD Power has a stellar reputation in the automotive ratings/reliability data industry.

Two articles I posted above about GM quietly repairing Teslas for a year above. And you immediately dispute those, no surprise there really. You want data, well I gave you data above, and plenty of it.
    No doubt trying to fill the giant hole left by Tesla service. And I'm sure making handsome profits from that too. Some Tesla owners simply desperate to have their vehicle repaired, and turning to GM services.
    You do realize how silly you sound repeating the talking point, when GM cannot actually work on the car beyond tire swaps, brakes, and maybe suspension. They cant access any of the computers or anything battery driven, so them saying they are working on the cars may be factual but when its looked at, they are basically Firestone. They cant even change a front windshield as it requires a camera calibration.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    @AdvancedLaser

48 days ago when we initiated this discussion you could not locate (or reveal) the true cash "out the door" price of a Model 3 on the Tesla website. Either you were incapable of it, or simply being deceptive about it. I honestly don't know which.

View attachment 129142

from tesla website 20 minutes ago.

View attachment 129143

I can see from your personality type (just my observations and opinion) that no matter the data, screenshots, or articles I submit here, you will not yield in the defense of your Tesla vehicle and their services. I just don't believe I can sway your mindset one iota at this juncture, so wasting my time. And I may be boring some of our readers here on the forum. So in closing, I bid you adieu and enjoy your dreamy Tesla.
    Cool story bro.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Can you cite any ? I havent ever seen a station with a diesel generator in the back.
    Florida and Louisiana appear to be the only states that require motor fuel facilities, including service stations, to be able to switch to an alternative energy source during a power outage.

Florida requires motor fuel (1) service stations near interstate highways or evacuation routes, (2) terminals and (3) wholesalers to have transfer switches and appropriate wiring to transfer the electrical load from a utility to an alternate generated power sources in the event of a power failure. It requires corporations or entities with at least 10 service stations in a county to have access to at least one portable generator.

Like Florida, Louisiana requires certain service stations to be wired with a transfer switch and capable of switching to an alternate generated power source in the event of a power outage. But Louisiana's law applies only to new or completely rebuilt service stations in the southern portion of the state.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom