where do you guys on the northshore go to shoot?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of y'all --------- to shoot some, but where on the northshore? I can't [afford to] go to the Honey Island range, b/c of the hunting or fishing license requirement and I'm a MS resident so it would cost me a fortune.
    Does anyone here go to Fits in Slidell? I am not a fan of indoor ranges, nor of the people there, but I could suck it up for a fun gettogether!

:D :D :D

Last edited:

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    you could use the following for honey island
    check this website http://www.wlf.state.la.us/
    Non-Resident Basic Fish Trip (1 day) $ 5.00
    Persons using WMAs or other department administered lands for any purpose must possess one of the following:

1. a valid Wild Louisiana Stamp
    2. a valid Louisiana fishing license
    3. a valid Louisiana hunting license

or this
    code 80 Wild LA Stamp 1-day $2.00 or code 73 5.50 for a season

I shoot @ honey island, of if it's during the week and/or dont have much time i run out to tallow creek in goodbee. Its not the nicest but when you wanna go shoot its better than not being able to

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Where do I go? The southshore. :rofl:

Actually I shoot at FITS every once in a while, but mostly shoot at Jefferson/Shooter's Club because I work on the southshore and it's more convenient. FITS is a nicer facility IMO.

Honey Island is nice from what I remember, but as a handgun guy I prefer indoor for the greater freedom and ease of shooting. Tallow Creek is just a pile of ****. I'd rather just pretend to shoot in my living room than go there again.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Go to Walmart in Slidell and get the inexpensive Wild LA stamp (5.50). That's all you need to go to the Honey Island (plus their fee of 6.00). I prefer Honey Island because you can shoot all day for 6 bucks. If you want to shoot rifles too, you'd be better off there. I also prefer the lighting in the outdoors vice the indoor lighting.

Doesn't Fitts charge per hour?

David
    Slidell

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Go to Walmart in Slidell and get the inexpensive Wild LA stamp (5.50). That's all you need to go to the Honey Island (plus their fee of 6.00). I prefer Honey Island because you can shoot all day for 6 bucks. If you want to shoot rifles too, you'd be better off there. I also prefer the lighting in the outdoors vice the indoor lighting.

Doesn't Fitts charge per hour?

David
    Slidell

Yup. FITS is by hour.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't mind hourly, because it's easy to shoot a LOT of ammo quickly in an indoor range. If I'm not sharing a lane I will run out of rounds (usually 150-250 or so) well before my hour is up. :D

Outdoor ranges are much slower, with all the stop fires and "cold" range time while you're walking 100 yards to set up targets every five minutes. Don't really have a choice if you're shooting rifles, though.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    I've been going to FITS for quite a while now and lately I've noticed that they have got a few new people working there that are really friendly and helpful. They greet you with a smile, spend time with you even if you tell them you're probably not going to buy a gun today, and they offer to order any gun you might want if they don't have one in stock, or you can put a gun on layaway. They have a lot of accessories and have ammo for guns that no one else seems to have.

I like the fact that I don't have to wait forever for the range to go cold to check my target like Honey Island. On cold or nasty days, the indoor comfort is a blessing. Give them a try.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I've been going to FITS fairly regularly since 05. I know a couple of the RSO's up there so I'll sit and BS with them for about 20 minutes just before I go shoot. And I've never had a wait there. I've bought guns from them and used them as an FFL before. A+ for FITS.

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    The people at FITs have always been nice to me. I've shot there a couple of times. I would be happy to have time to go shoot anywhere right now.

Top Bottom