WTB 5.45x39 ar upper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Have you contacted AIM Surplus? That is where I got mine from, and it appears that they just got a shipment of the Russian 53 grain ammo in for $149.95 per tin of 1080 rds.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    mine runs just fine. The upper comes with a stronger hammer spring, but I did not have to install it and I have only had one round of surplus ammo that did not fire on the first try. It did fire the second time. I do not have any of the Russian stuff, only a stack of the Bulgarian ammo, so I cannot comment on it.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Sportsmansguide had them for $699, S&W brand, but I think they are currently sold out. You may check back with them.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    you still have the link for that one? I can find all the other parts kits but not that. thanks,

lpso708

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Thibodaux,LA
    I was thinking does somebody make a barrel in that caliber if so I could build an upper . With a AR you can have it your way:D an also save I have a spare upper receiver.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Richard in La thanks they say are working on it extraction problems.

No prob man. My S&W doesnt have extraction problems, or at leat not at this time. I know of a couple other fellow members who have them, and they run good as well. The only thing I dont like is that the Milsurp ammo is corrosive primed, so you have to clean it pretty good with HOT soapy water afterwards, and then oil it up good. This is a PITA if you are not going to shoot a bunch in a session. I guess you could get some of the new production Wolf or Hotshot ammo if you just want to run a mag or two and not mess with the cleaning.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    +1 I have ALOT of the mil sur (corrosive primers) in the spam cans sealed but unless the Zombies come out that is how it is going to stay. It really is just a back up gun and when I sighted it in I bought 2 boxes of Wolf (noncorrosive).

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom