WTB Dillon 550B

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Want to buy a used Dillon 550B, with or without extras. Let me know if you have one in good condition and what you want for it. Thanks.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Do yourself a big favor and just buy a new one from Dillon or Benos.

In the first place, you rarely see used Dillon machines for sale. And most of those are from guys upgrading, so they are in no jam to sell. IOW, finding a "deal" on one is unlikely.

In the second place, this IS a progressive reloading tool... a fairly complex machine. Buying new means you don't have to un-do another man's preferences.

Anyway, that's my .02.

Appreciate the opinion. I very well may end up getting one from Brian Enos, but was trying to see if I could get one a bit cheaper, or specifically with some extras (someones old set up), so I don't have to buy as much.

snapnek

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Woodworth, Louisiana
    Keep looking, it might take a while but you can run across these for sale used. I looked for a long time and missed one or two on the forums, then I had a friend call me about a guy trying to sell one at a local gun dealer. I bought a Dillon 550b, tumbler, scale, .45acp dies, 45 long colt dies (I have no use for) 2 powder dispensers with 2 tool heads, 8 lbs of powder and 5000 large pistol primers for $300.00!!! So it can happen, you just might have to wait a while to find a deal! Try running a "Wanted" ad in your local paper.
    Good luck with the hunt!;)

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Keep looking, it might take a while but you can run across these for sale used. I looked for a long time and missed one or two on the forums, then I had a friend call me about a guy trying to sell one at a local gun dealer. I bought a Dillon 550b, tumbler, scale, .45acp dies, 45 long colt dies (I have no use for) 2 powder dispensers with 2 tool heads, 8 lbs of powder and 5000 large pistol primers for $300.00!!! So it can happen, you just might have to wait a while to find a deal! Try running a "Wanted" ad in your local paper.

Thanks man! That's what I'm hoping to do!

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    If you want immediate gratification, Louisiana reloading here in baton rouge will sell you one, it isnt the cheapest but keeping money local is important and they guys there will support it as well.. they will do whatever you need.. good guys..

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    If you want immediate gratification, Louisiana reloading here in baton rouge will sell you one, it isnt the cheapest but keeping money local is important and they guys there will support it as well.. they will do whatever you need.. good guys..

Dillon sets the price. If you buy new, the price is the same no matter where you buy from. If you find a new one cheaper than Dillon sells direct for, better not let them know or that dealer won't be a Dillon dealer for long.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I would also go with the 650, which is what I have!

You can buy LOCAL, from Lloyd Landry or Gary Thibodeaux and they usually give you a 10% discount which covers the State Tax.

They are also LOCAL in case you have a problem and dont know how to set it up

JUST my .02

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie

He shoots .45. By the time a deal like that comes up again, he'll have paid for a new machine twice over with what he would have lost in the interim. ;)

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    He shoots .45. By the time a deal like that comes up again, he'll have paid for a new machine twice over with what he would have lost in the interim. ;)

Unfortunately, you are correct. I may have to sell all the 45's and get a nice 22lr as my HD gun. I read an article that this is what the Mossad use, they just unload the clip into the target's face. I'm going to start looking local if I don't see one online soon.

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA

Don't listen to any of this nonsense, reloading does not save you any money. It just allows you to shoot a sh!t load more for the same money! :D

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom