WTB: Saiga 5.45x39

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    Got a brother who is itching for his first rifle and is stuck on this one. So do any of our BS sponsors stock this gun. If so, how much? Please pm me. Thanks!

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    Awesome dude! I want to buy a 7.62 later on down the road and do the conversion, but my bro wants to buy the 5.45 because he's too scared to attempt the conversion. If I'm not mistaken the ak74 mags fit right into the magwell on the 5.45 right?

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    AK-74 is chambered for 5.45. If you want a 5.45, talk to Will at Red Jacket, I'm sure he can satisfy your desires.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Is an AK really that much more reliable than a saiga, or is it just more desirable than a saiga? We always try to pinch pennies wherever we can

I always thought that the saigas were better than the ak's since they leave the factory and imported as a complete rifle instead of being built from parts kits.

and I guess people like them also because they are genuinely russian made ak's (minus the stock and grips that can be added later after compliance).

Last edited:

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Is an AK really that much more reliable than a saiga, or is it just more desirable than a saiga? We always try to pennies wherever we can
    Well, I understand that. Saigas are what, 300ish? Plus if you want to put any kind of pistol grip, I believe, you must put on X number of American parts to make it legal. That conversion could cost 200 or more if you dont want to do it yourself. If you dont want a pistol grip and all that other features, then go for the Saiga, if not consider something else.
    You never answered my question, why did yall settle on 5.45?

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Well, I understand that. Saigas are what, 300ish? Plus if you want to put any kind of pistol grip, I believe, you must put on X number of American parts to make it legal. That conversion could cost 200 or more if you dont want to do it yourself. If you dont want a pistol grip and all that other features, then go for the Saiga, if not consider something else.

my guess is because 5.45 is cheap as hell.

tis the reason I got a 74 :)

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches

Mainly the cheapness of ammo. But also the "poison bullet" thing kind of intrigues him I think.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom