I installed a new laser sight on my 3" Judge SS!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I just received my new laser sight for underneath the rail of my 24/7 Taurus .45 and after I got home and thought hmmmm! I wonder if it will fit on the top of my Judge. 3 minutes later....success! I am impressed with the install and looks and it's going to stay on my Judge and will have to buy another one for my 45 now. LOL It's a fully adjustable laser and very bright, I took it to my friends house tonite who owns a Judge just like mine, as a matter of fact, he bought the first Judge I owned from me and I bought another one. He wants one now for his Judge after seeing mine. He explained that the laser that I own is better than the one his neighbor has on his AR 15.

I will sight it in soon and give you guys a full review on it and the link to the laser. Pics will come tomorrow when I download them at work, so hold your horses? :P

......................Twin

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    judgelaser2.jpg

I purchased this laser for $21 off Amazon just to see what it was like. It had over a 150 reviews and all were good, so I figured it was worth a shot. It's going to make a great house gun even better with the laser and having to shoot at night.

Just ordered 2 more! LOL One to go under the rail on my Taurus .45 and one more for my friend's Judge.

...........................bobby

Last edited:

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    With the laser placement, I guess it's a good thing you don't have to aim a shotgun.

I added this for my wife and son just because they don't shoot it all the time and are not good instinctive shooters! And I just don't have .410 ammo in the revolver....got some LC hollow points also.

....................bobby

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    So what's your point? I don't need someone's else review of the weapon. I did my own testing, patterns, and penetrations and it's more than adequate for the purpose it was made! As a matter of fact after shooting all the ammo available and my friends were more than impressed with the weapon, they both went and bought one. The laser just makes it a more versatile gun in my perspective and it was already impressive and if the rounds hit where the laser is pointing...then my objective is a success. It's a blast to shoot even with the LC Cowboy rounds. I don't believe everything I read on the internet anyway! LOL Seems odd that certain (gun experts) dismiss the Judge, except you can't hardly find one now or order one and everyone one I know loves theirs.

You carry or buy what you want and I will carry and buy what I want. That's what makes America great! JMO

..................bobby

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I own 2 Taurus Judges and I am a fan, but I would not trust them to adequately handle a 2 legged predator. They have their uses but they are a poor choice for self defense, IMHO. With that new PDX ammo, they are more effective in that role but there are better choices out there.

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I own 2 Taurus Judges and I am a fan, but I would not trust them to adequately handle a 2 legged predator. They have their uses but they are a poor choice for self defense, IMHO. With that new PDX ammo, they are more effective in that role but there are better choices out there.

I agree to the statements...there are more better home defense weapons to be had! But.....no two legged predator wants to get shot with any kind of weapon and I bought the Judge for the late nite home intrusion and no one shoots well in the dark with sights or accurately when just woke up and adrenaline is pumping must less from your wife or child having to use a weapon in the same scenario! Plus with the ammo I have in the Judge, I can put down a barrage that the Matrix machines characters cannot dodge! LOL With 5 shots, I can put 29 projectiles down range between 30" pattern for the #4 Buckshot and PDX and 000 Buck at 6" pattern or less if inside 10' to include two LC hollow points in 2 seconds!!!!!!!!!! That's impressive to say the least. I have other weapons for my defense options, but my home use, the Judge does just fine! JMO

.....................bobby

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I agree to the statements...there are more better home defense weapons to be had! But.....no two legged predator wants to get shot with any kind of weapon and I bought the Judge for the late nite home intrusion and no one shoots well in the dark with sights or accurately when just woke up and adrenaline is pumping must less from your wife or child having to use a weapon in the same scenario! Plus with the ammo I have in the Judge, I can put down a barrage that the Matrix machines characters cannot dodge! LOL With 5 shots, I can put 29 projectiles down range between 30" pattern for the #4 Buckshot and PDX and 000 Buck at 6" pattern or less if inside 10' to include two LC hollow points in 2 seconds!!!!!!!!!! That's impressive to say the least. I have other weapons for my defense options, but my home use, the Judge does just fine! JMO

.....................bobby

I salute you, your laser mount, and your entire thread. Its your gun, your way, for your reason. No need to appease the masses. If they don't like it, they don't have to buy it from you lol

cheers man, I vote brilliantly well done.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    So what's your point? I don't need someone's else review of the weapon. I did my own testing, patterns, and penetrations and it's more than adequate for the purpose it was made! As a matter of fact after shooting all the ammo available and my friends were more than impressed with the weapon, they both went and bought one. The laser just makes it a more versatile gun in my perspective and it was already impressive and if the rounds hit where the laser is pointing...then my objective is a success. It's a blast to shoot even with the LC Cowboy rounds. I don't believe everything I read on the internet anyway! LOL Seems odd that certain (gun experts) dismiss the Judge, except you can't hardly find one now or order one and everyone one I know loves theirs.

You carry or buy what you want and I will carry and buy what I want. That's what makes America great! JMO

..................bobby

That's all well and good, just understand that the guys that are giving their opinion are only doing so in your best interest. As a community of gun owners we have all types. Many here are primarily focused on guns as a self defense tool hate to see anyone inadequately armed. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their advice.

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    Sounds like you got that whole gun fighting thing figured out.

Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell everyone! Those that have "no" plan for a fight..........have no plan at all! JMHO

I believe our great Constitution was written for us to protect "ourselves" and NOT the governments job to "save us" or "anyone" else ideas to decide for me what is best! So, that's what I am doing...what I think is best! I suggest you do the same and I will celebrate yours and you celebrate mine by exercising our 2nd Amendment rights! We should be UNITED in the "right to bear arms" and not being nick picky over what weapon "you" think I need! I am a patriot and will celebrate anyone's rights even if they decide to only use a 22 caliber round for home defense! It's their right and I will always 100% accept their choice!

Thanks....................bobby

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I salute you, your laser mount, and your entire thread. Its your gun, your way, for your reason. No need to appease the masses. If they don't like it, they don't have to buy it from you lol

cheers man, I vote brilliantly well done.

Thank you sir for accepting my 2nd Amendment rights to bear "whatever" gun I see fit for my own safety and that of my family!

.................bobby

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom