My running log, by JR1572, hijacked by AustinBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    thats damn quick for someone that isn't training specifically for it. well done

I wrestled in highschool. We ran six days week. We were NOT training for running, but over 90% of our team could run two 7 & 1/2 minute miles with no problem. I could most certainly to a 13.5 min two mile run at my peak. I would be absolutely gassed after it, but I could do it. Many of us could. Cutting down a few seconds to get to your 'olympic qualifier' time wouldn't be a stretch. That said, even though we weren't training for running, ya certainly pick up little tricks here and there as you go.

As for the here and now, I can run a 7 minute mile right now with no questions asked...and honestly I could probably do two if someone really gave me the proper encouragement. That would be not even a minute slower than your time...which really isn't much of a feat.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks.

I'm pushing myself to go faster. I really like running at 0430 much better than running in the evening.

JR1572

Whhhaaaaa?!? 4AM running? I would die.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Whhhaaaaa?!? 4AM running? I would die.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

It's awesome. It's still dark out, somewhat cool outside, no vehicles on the street, and it's very peaceful. I feel better all day by getting it done before work. You really shoud try it. Sleep is overrated.

JR1572

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    It's awesome. It's still dark out, somewhat cool outside, no vehicles on the street, and it's very peaceful. I feel better all day by getting it done before work. You really shoud try it. Sleep is overrated.

JR1572

early AM runs are the best thing I ever did for myself. as stated above- peace, quiet, cool temperatures... then I get home, shower, and enjoy a cup of coffee and take my time getting to work.

a far cry from the old days of stuffing something in my mouth while running to the car and cursing at red lights all the way to work.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    early AM runs are the best thing I ever did for myself. as stated above- peace, quiet, cool temperatures... then I get home, shower, and enjoy a cup of coffee and take my time getting to work.

a far cry from the old days of stuffing something in my mouth while running to the car and cursing at red lights all the way to work.

The running is working wonders for me. I'm down 50lbs, and just got into size 34 uniform pants. I was in size 42 pants when I started running in January. I'm also in a better mood.

JR1572

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Morning workouts, especially Cardio,
    has long been the euphoria of many folks.

...and for all the reasons you guys list.

The sense of accomplishment first thing in the morning,
    Cool temps, Quiet time, nothing to do but let your mind air out.

I haven't run pre-dawn in a long time...... you guys may have inspired me enough to do so :D

I just hope the folks down the road finally put their dog on a leash.....dude hates runners! :dogkeke:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    My running log, by JR1572

JR1572

This is why I lift in the morning. Well, not the vehicles. But it is peaceful, cooler and the gym is just the morning crew.

I'm about to go on a different workout schedule. CrossFit 3x a week, run 2x a week, lift heavy on run days.

The other two days are up in the air because of being on-call. If time permits, I'll be lifting and running an extra day.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Thats awesome ! At 52 years old 2.5 miles is about all I can go and by no means fast, but it sure makes you feel better.

dont compare yourself to anyone else. the only person that matters is you Xmonths ago. If you're improving, you're better than 60% of the country

Top Bottom