My running log, by JR1572, hijacked by AustinBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Music helps for sure, but when I was into distance running, I would usually listen to an audio book or a podcast. When you're going for a couple hours, music can get boring.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    i cant run withOUT music. no idea how people do it.

I'm pretty much the opposite. I can listen to a little music on EZ run mileage days...But, did not care to wear headphones while running a Tempo Run/Fartlek/Rep session...Felt like it would throw my rhythm off. I agree though, when on a 13 mi run, after 45min, gets boring unless you are with training partners.

I think I'll try to get back into a little running over the next few weeks. Gonna start back slow and keep the mileage down (Knees aren't what they used to be and I'm only 38! lol). I'll share some progress here with you guys.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Well ran, 1.5 miles In about 10 mins, but ran it down here At jackson barracks and the air here made me sick and I had to stop....

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    fresh legs and no sinus issues dropped me ~1min today. 8:22 mile then waved my white flag on the extra yardage. I'll aim to hit 7:xx next friday.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    fresh legs and no sinus issues dropped me ~1min today. 8:22 mile then waved my white flag on the extra yardage. I'll aim to hit 7:xx next friday.

Nice job. The cooler weather the last couple days would make for some good morning runs.

I guess I'll start back tonight, lol. See if I can't get a EZ two miles in to start the "knocking the rust off" project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I wanted to start running last Monday...but I am an idiot. I managed to slice my foot open on a brick last Friday and it still hurts. Owwww! I will totally catch up with you guys though!!

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    after a 5 month lazy break from running, I managed to charge up the Garmin GPS, lace em up, and get out the door for a 2 mile run.
    Took the 1st mile EZ and picked it up a bit after that(8:03/6:32). Felt good to run again...but my knees are not gonna be happy tomorrow.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    after a 5 month lazy break from running, I managed to charge up the Garmin GPS, lace em up, and get out the door for a 2 mile run.
    Took the 1st mile EZ and picked it up a bit after that(8:03/6:32). Felt good to run again...but my knees are not gonna be happy tomorrow.

"Easy" Right. An easy 6:32 mile is just comical. But seriously, that's impressive. Keep it up!

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I cannot wait to run an easy sub 7 minute mile.

My scale read 202.0 this morning. That brings my total loss to date to 53lbs.

JR1572

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Easy and sub 7 min mile shouldn't go in the same sentence.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You may get there before me. After all you're only like 16 years younger than me.

JR1572

You are more dedicated to running than I am though. I have other fitness goals ahead of running.

I say that, but I am doing a race July 21st. 20ish miles biking, 8-13 miles biking, and like 4-7 canoeing. I really should start training.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    You are more dedicated to running than I am though. I have other fitness goals ahead of running.

I say that, but I am doing a race July 21st. 20ish miles biking, 8-13 miles biking, and like 4-7 canoeing. I really should start training.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Dedicated is putting it lightly.

I'm getting closer on all my fitness goals, however, I'm not exactly where I want to be so I have to keep going.

JR1572

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Dedicated is putting it lightly.

I'm getting closer on all my fitness goals, however, I'm not exactly where I want to be so I have to keep going.

JR1572

Maybe determined is the correct term. Either way, you want to get your running up much more than I do. I need to have abs three weeks from now. Not working too well so far.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Top Bottom