Sights for a carry gun.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bucktown_Rat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    In my opinion sights on a CCW are useless.

Situation #1: If a bad guy jumps you, he might be only feet or inches away from you. Therefore, speed and reflex are 2 things that save you from becoming a victim: speed to draw your weapon and reflex to fire your weapon without aiming.

Situation #2: If you have to draw your CCW in a public place and engage the bad guy into a shootout, you'd better have your two eyes open to make sure there would be no crossfire once you start pulling the trigger.

I go to the range often and practice for situation #1 and hope & pray I don't have to face situation #2 because my CCW instructor once told the class that we don't get a CCW to go looking for trouble to exercise our Second Amendment rights. If that's the case, then trouble will be looking for us.

Last edited:

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    My personal fav is TruGlo TFO best all lighting sights i have come across.

Its not so much "accuracy" . Its more about being able to SEE the sights on a carry/HD gun. The faster you can get a sight picture the better.

And in an above post someone mentioned using both eyes, why YES keep both eyes open but that does NOT mean you are neglecting the sights.

If you carry a Gun train to use the sights with both eyes open. You do not need a perfect sight picture but find that front sight.

Sure you will need to work on point shooting but do not forget to train to use the sights too. Not using the sights at all if someone is more than 5ft away from you is just asking to miss shots and get more people hurt. Missed shots can go through walls, windows, doors etc. Do not leave things like that to chance. Train for everything.

Last edited:

Dblb

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2014
    Westwego
    Have you considered Xs Big dot? Love em. I think for CCW they are a great option. Check out James Yeagers review on YouTube.

Just my Dos Centavos.

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    se1.jpgse2(2).jpg

i just got these and find i can shoot quickly with both eyes open and still maintain a good sight picture. very fast.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    XS Big Dot Tritium Sights - I have them on every Glock I own (including the 42). I've tried a number of sights (though I do like the I.C.E. CLAW Sight shown above) and they are great.

Standard dots are also nice, but I prefer the larger dot. I would also recommend the rear tritium sight as well... you can get it with or without the tritium post in the rear sight.

Strong and fast acquisition, Durable and Trijicon makes the Tritium. I have fired thousands of rounds through my weapons equiped with them and never had a single issue. I've even looked at possibly getting the XS big dot front sight post for my AR.

xssgl-0001s5_xs_big_dot_glock.jpg

The "Dead Ringer" looks great... Though, I wish the ghost ring was a little thinner. I would actually like to combine the XS front sight (Maybe standard dot) with the Dead Ringer Rear Ghost Ring... if it were thinner.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom