American Journalist James Foley beheaded by ISIS in video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    honestly, WTF... this guy seems like a convert who volunteered....I dont get it, I'm gonna die anyway why give these scum the satisfaction.....

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    honestly, WTF... this guy seems like a convert who volunteered....I dont get it, I'm gonna die anyway why give these scum the satisfaction.....

if i had to guess, a lot of times these things are done daily but the execution is never carried out...so he just figured he was going through the motions, and this just happened to be the day they go through with the execution.

also, they could have told him that if he doesnt say it then they will torture the other journalist...god only knows what the hell that guy has been through for the last two years. i'm willing to bet he was not a convert though.

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    if i had to guess, a lot of times these things are done daily but the execution is never carried out...so he just figured he was going through the motions, and this just happened to be the day they go through with the execution.

also, they could have told him that if he doesnt say it then they will torture the other journalist...god only knows what the hell that guy has been through for the last two years. i'm willing to bet he was not a convert though.

I agree 100%. I can't fault anyone for what they do or say after 2 years imprisonment with these goobers. I'm sure they make Gitmo look like Sandals beach resort.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why the burqa, Pusscake? Afraid of something- or just a cross-dresser??? :)

One day.....he will get what he deserves. :madfawk:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    If you want to get an idea of what we are going to be dealing with, you have to watch this!!! It’s worth the 42 min. This had better get on the presidents list of top priorities! You thought the Taliban were bad wait till you these fanatics.

1911arkain

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    NOLA
    Watched it. They cut away from the video right when the "cutting" starts and pan across the "body" with the head now on the back. Looks kinda staged to me. And with that little knife? I've got bigger knives for cleaning fish.

I'm betting the ***** with the dress drew the short straw or lost a bet. For a religion of peace, they sure do seem to cause a lot of deaths and then hide behind masks. At least when we attack someone we are out in the open about it.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If you want to get an idea of what we are going to be dealing with, you have to watch this!!! It’s worth the 42 min. This had better get on the presidents list of top priorities! You thought the Taliban were bad wait till you these fanatics.

This was posted in the Iraq thread too. All 5 Parts.

This should be merged btw.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I am with the above member. This guy knows he is going to be killed... either they "practiced" it numerous times over and over again until the guy finally thought it was just another practice, or they beat this guy (can't see beyond the orange jump suit) for hours prior to the video so he couldn't move, or they drugged him up, or he thought he was doing it and he would forever be part of journalism (he finally got his story! or became the story!), or he was just too weak or gave up and didn't care to put up a fight anymore.

If you're going to die either way... why not die fighting for your life???? Or you could go the other route... if you're going to die either way... why bother?

I personally wouldn't have even made it into prison for two years... aside from never giving them the opportunity to take me in the first place (fighting back until I was dead), I would have given them every opportunity to kill me with every escape attempt I could or they would have starved me to death when I kept beating the **** out of the guy bringing me my food. Bottom line is, I would never be on a video with my head lopped off unless I was dead or completely incapacitated prior to them doing it.

Who's seen The Kingdom? Keep kicking that damn camera tripod and resist as much as possible!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Last edited:

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I am with the above member. This guy knows he is going to be killed... either they "practiced" it numerous times over and over again until the guy finally thought it was just another practice, or they beat this guy (can't see beyond the orange jump suit) for hours prior to the video so he couldn't move, or they drugged him up, or he thought he was doing it and he would forever be part of journalism (he finally got his story! or became the story!), or he was just too weak or gave up and didn't care to put up a fight anymore.

If you're going to die either way... why not die fighting for your life???? Or you could go the other route... if you're going to die either way... why bother?

I personally wouldn't have even made it into prison for two years... I would have given them every opportunity to kill me with every escape attempt I could or they would have starved me to death when I kept beating the **** out of the guy bringing me my food. Bottom line is, I would never be on a video with my head lopped off unless I was dead or completely incapacitated prior to them doing it.

Who's seen The Kingdom? Keep kicking that damn camera tripod and resist as much as possible!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

I take it you have been a POW at some point in time?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Probably not.

But lots of military vets have done SERE, and/or done LOOTS of planning.
    (yes, no plan survives first contact with the enemy) or thinking about it.

One difference between most on the board or Mr Foley:
    Most of us would NOT be walking around the area unarmed!

Truck driver buddy of mine... Wasn't saposto be armed (driving in Iraq) had a Hi power and 2 grenades.
    Said the first grenade and the pistol was for them, but the second he was going to "pull pin and hug"

I know he had to use one and a couple rounds on 2 separate occasions... Never had to use the 2nd

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    I can't seem to understand why these journalist are volunteering to go "report the news" in the middle east especially when the news consists of journalist being captured, tortured and killed. They know they are facing potential dangers/deaths.

There's plenty of news here in the good ole USA that needs reporting. We have more government corruption than we can shake a stick at.

I personally don't think these radical Islamist should be getting the amount of press they get. We are already turning them into superstars through liveleak and youtube, we don't need more reporters/journalist over there putting them on more publications.

Last edited:

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I personally wouldn't have even made it into prison for two years... aside from never giving them the opportunity to take me in the first place (fighting back until I was dead), I would have given them every opportunity to kill me with every escape attempt I could or they would have starved me to death when I kept beating the **** out of the guy bringing me my food. Bottom line is, I would never be on a video with my head lopped off unless I was dead or completely incapacitated prior to them doing it.

Well, it looks like the military has been doing it wrong! Apparently all you need to do is watch "The Kingdom"!

I'm not going to comment on what I would do b/ there is no way in hell I could know! For ANYONE, even a highly trained person to know how he/she would hold out is just ASININE.

Your better off just not commenting about things you know nothing about. It makes you look foolish!
    But it is a free country so ...........
    I’m sure some on here who know could continue to use a good laugh.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

I take it you HAVEN'T served in the military at any point in time. Or maybe you did because you needed college money. This isn't WWII. They don't just hand recruits a weapon and say "Okay, now go shoot the bad guys" anymore... there's training involved. Being a POW has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a mind-set. Some can deal with the situation, some can't. The military prepares you the best they can, but it's still not close to actually being in it. Do you know what you would do in any situation? Of course not... but that's when training kicks in and you get a million things running through your head... "Do I fight back to not be captured at all costs?" Yes... "Do I fight back knowing they will kill me eventually or try to manipulate me into saying or doing something against the US?" Definitely. "Do I try and escape no matter what every chance I can?" Yes.

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY my friend. Until my last breath.

The world has seen what these people and MANY other like them (past and present) are capable of. I won't be hanging from a bridge with my brothers because they captured me... they will have killed me first. I won't be in an orange jump suit speaking on camera... dead on the floor? Maybe if I got that far... but not speaking. Then again, I wouldn't put myself or my family, friends, etc. in that position in the first place. In defense of my country... I would, two second BEFORE they even ask. To go take pictures and report the news? Forget it. It's bad enough they were tagging along trying to catch our service members doing something they shouldn't while being protected by those SAME service members.

You're that camera man. Sitting back and enjoying the protection, but taking every opportunity to catch us doing something wrong so you can rub it in our face. A great American you are my friend. An OBVIOUSLY a team player. Armchair generals... gotta love them.

I know the type... You're the first one to call on police when you need them, then report the officers for walking on your flowerbed or some ****.

I would rather die knowing that I at least gave myself a chance instead of putting that decision in some radical Islamic terrorists hands. I make the decisions on my life to the best of my ability... NO ONE else.

Oh and The Kingdom line was to point out that scene in the movie where he FIGHTS against everyone to prevent being videotaped. Not to say that's life... though, a very accurate movie. Hollywooded up slightly... but true to form. Don't take one sentence and lob the entire post into it to make it sound like that's the premise for the information or observations in the post. I would hate for you to be part of my intelligence team... they require skills of comprehension... not just "Oh! That's GOT TO be it!".

Always Trolling... at least you're consistent.

Last edited:

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    322883e9_the-rock-slow-clap.gif

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members