American Journalist James Foley beheaded by ISIS in video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    322883e9_the-rock-slow-clap.gif

421993_268164919925803_1809226955_n.jpg

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    This should be considered and act of war.

We declared war on terror already. They are terrorist.

FWIW...It's pretty clear to me that totally pulling out of Afghanistan and Iraq has given ISIS the foothold they now have. And yet....at the same time...If the Iraqis hadn't cut and run...ISIS would not be as well armed as they are today.

The Middle Eastern Pro-Western nations need to unite to defeat these bastards. IMO...The Western European Countries also need to step up to assist Pro-Western countries.

Unfortunately...Without USA leadership...It won't happen. And Obama isn't going to lead. He really hasn't led that much on anything other than health care.

God only knows what will transpire over the next 2 years.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I take it you HAVEN'T served in the military at any point in time. Or maybe you did because you needed college money. This isn't WWII. They don't just hand recruits a weapon and say "Okay, now go shoot the bad guys" anymore... there's training involved. Being a POW has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a mind-set. Some can deal with the situation, some can't. The military prepares you the best they can, but it's still not close to actually being in it. Do you know what you would do in any situation? Of course not... but that's when training kicks in and you get a million things running through your head... "Do I fight back to not be captured at all costs?" Yes... "Do I fight back knowing they will kill me eventually or try to manipulate me into saying or doing something against the US?" Definitely. "Do I try and escape no matter what every chance I can?" Yes.

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY my friend. Until my last breath.

The world has seen what these people and MANY other like them (past and present) are capable of. I won't be hanging from a bridge with my brothers because they captured me... they will have killed me first. I won't be in an orange jump suit speaking on camera... dead on the floor? Maybe if I got that far... but not speaking. Then again, I wouldn't put myself or my family, friends, etc. in that position in the first place. In defense of my country... I would, two second BEFORE they even ask. To go take pictures and report the news? Forget it. It's bad enough they were tagging along trying to catch our service members doing something they shouldn't while being protected by those SAME service members.

You're that camera man. Sitting back and enjoying the protection, but taking every opportunity to catch us doing something wrong so you can rub it in our face. A great American you are my friend. An OBVIOUSLY a team player. Armchair generals... gotta love them.

I know the type... You're the first one to call on police when you need them, then report the officers for walking on your flowerbed or some ****.

I would rather die knowing that I at least gave myself a chance instead of putting that decision in some radical Islamic terrorists hands. I make the decisions on my life to the best of my ability... NO ONE else.

Oh and The Kingdom line was to point out that scene in the movie where he FIGHTS against everyone to prevent being videotaped. Not to say that's life... though, a very accurate movie. Hollywooded up slightly... but true to form. Don't take one sentence and lob the entire post into it to make it sound like that's the premise for the information or observations in the post. I would hate for you to be part of my intelligence team... they require skills of comprehension... not just "Oh! That's GOT TO be it!".

Always Trolling... at least you're consistent.

Please tell me more about how YOU would handle being a POW from the comfort of your couch!

I'm sure the military and even some journalists are trained for the possibility of capture. The thing that's most clear from torture-victim studies is that you can't train for the ordeal. There is no secret knowledge out there about how to resist torture. Yes, there are manuals, such as the IRA's "Green Book," the anti-Soviet "Manual for Psychiatry for Dissidents" and "Torture and the Interrogation Experience," an Iranian guerrilla manual from the 1970s. But none of these volumes contains specific techniques of resistance, just general encouragement to hang tough. Even al-Qaeda's vaunted terrorist-training manual offers no tips on how to resist torture, and al-Qaeda was no stranger to the brutal methods of the Saudi police. One active CIA officer observed in 2005, "is that this kind of stuff just makes people feel better, even if it doesn't work."

I hope and pray to never see another American or Friendly Nation citizen captured and tortured. But we all know that in this day and age, that will never happen. When I see people grand stand on what "THEY" would do in similar situations, it is not only insulting to those who have suffered through it but also adds to the misinformation on the realities of the predicament.

As for me "TROLLING"? Really!? Sounds like a copout to me. Its a forum of discussion. You don't agree? Fine. You want to start name calling? I suggest saving it for legitimate TROLLS.

Should you be a present or past service member, I thank you for your service.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I think what's been said earlier in not-so-subtle terms yet is still missed is that the best way to deal with capture is to not be captured.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Please tell me more about how YOU would handle being a POW from the comfort of your couch!

I'm sure the military and even some journalists are trained for the possibility of capture. The thing that's most clear from torture-victim studies is that you can't train for the ordeal. There is no secret knowledge out there about how to resist torture. Yes, there are manuals, such as the IRA's "Green Book," the anti-Soviet "Manual for Psychiatry for Dissidents" and "Torture and the Interrogation Experience," an Iranian guerrilla manual from the 1970s. But none of these volumes contains specific techniques of resistance, just general encouragement to hang tough. Even al-Qaeda's vaunted terrorist-training manual offers no tips on how to resist torture, and al-Qaeda was no stranger to the brutal methods of the Saudi police. One active CIA officer observed in 2005, "is that this kind of stuff just makes people feel better, even if it doesn't work."

I hope and pray to never see another American or Friendly Nation citizen captured and tortured. But we all know that in this day and age, that will never happen. When I see people grand stand on what "THEY" would do in similar situations, it is not only insulting to those who have suffered through it but also adds to the misinformation on the realities of the predicament.

As for me "TROLLING"? Really!? Sounds like a copout to me. Its a forum of discussion. You don't agree? Fine. You want to start name calling? I suggest saving it for legitimate TROLLS.

Should you be a present or past service member, I thank you for your service.

Its not grandstanding brother. If you had any past or present military service (not a bash) you would understand the way I am coming off. Every member of the military I've served with has always had the same mentality when it came to the possibility of being captured. I whole heartedly belive that most of the members would gladly pop a cyanide capsule rather than be taken alive after what we've seen barbarians like this do in this day and age. No one wants to be used as a propaganda tool for a terrorist groups agenda.

What I do disagree with are these journalists putting themselves in harms way for the sake of their career. Then in some cases putting our service members in harms way to rescue them.

I'm not speaking for everyone... but standing side by side with other members, past members of the military and seeing what most of us have seen, it's much easier to say we would go down fighting rather than kneeling in front of a camera while some worthless piece of **** saws your head off and then posts a copy of it on liveleak for the entire world to see. I would fight or go down fighting FOR my family not to see it... so the world wouldn't have to see another American on display standing over you like a prize buck... or being dragged through the streets with scores of people kicking, spitting, defacing and mutilating your body, or being strung up from a bridge like a trophy on a wall.

I would rather my mother get a visit saying I was killed in action doing what I loved with my brothers than have her see or even hear that I was beheaded at the hands of terrorists. With that same note... I understood the risk when I sighned on the line. It wasn't so I could make a name for myself (quite the contrary) or be the one to say "I did it! Where's my prize?".

It's for those reasons I have the mentality that I do (and share with a vast number of service members) and can say without "grandstanding" how I would do everything possible to Survive, Evade, Resist and Escape.

You are entitled to your opinion... as am I... and I thank you for recognizing those who have/are/are destined to served/serving/serve.

I think what's been said earlier in not-so-subtle terms yet is still missed is that the best way to deal with capture is to not be captured.

Metryshooter got what I was trying to say. Cudos.

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I'm not speaking for everyone... but standing side by side with other members, past members of the military and seeing what most of us have seen, it's much easier to say we would go down fighting rather than kneeling in front of a camera while some worthless piece of **** saws your head off and then posts a copy of it on liveleak for the entire world to see. I would fight or go down fighting FOR my family not to see it... so the world wouldn't have to see another American on display standing over you like a prize buck... or being dragged through the streets with scores of people kicking, spitting, defacing and mutilating your body, or being strung up from a bridge like a trophy on a wall.

Your point is taken. I thank you for the well thought out reply. Wish more discussions went this way and were discussed and debated as such.

As a civilian who lived a large portion of his life in a third world country with the world’s highest homicide rate compared to anywhere else in the world. (Who knows now with Iraq and Syria maybe taking the lead) Kidnaping was always a risk. Lost a few friends to it and escaped a few incidents of similar sorts. As a civilian we like to think we will act a particular way under the threat of our life. How easily our mentality changes when the time comes for us to put up or shut up. I have come to the conclusion that an infinite number of circumstances come into play that all lead to a possible different outcome. The fact remains that until that day comes, NONE of us know what we will do or how we will act during an extended stressful situation.

Sure, training kicks in and has a HUGE part to play but who truly knows what one will do when the time comes and your sitting there caught off guard contemplating what next. The mind is a very powerful thing and in the wrong circumstances has been known to drive men to do things they never thought they would.

End of speech. Hope to continue to see you on the forum.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hope they have better luck finding and killing him than they are having with all the unmasked Bengazi killers that were caught on film.

I saw the report last night that said the DOJ is going after this as a criminal case? :confused:

If they do find out who they are, I wish they'd let the military handle these roaches instead of having the possibility of a trial on US soil....:doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No video since LiveLeak won't host it.

It'll leak somewhere...

Is there any doubt in your mind it happened?

If any non-captured American citizens or American Journalists weren't on planes to get the hell out of the region after the Foley murder, they are retarded.

And it is time for all of these oil rich dipshits in the region over there to start forking over the money we (The U.S.), will be expending to handle this for them; AGAIN!

If we had true leadership:

John Carey would tell the Saud Al-Faisal something like this:

"If your Kingdom is going to be silent on the extermination of ISIS, and if you expect the United States to facilitate it; it will cost your Kingdom $100 Million per month as long as American soldiers' lives are in jeopardy and until we feel the threat has been quelled satisfactorily."

He SHOULD have similar discussions with every other country over there.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Probably so, but is it really significant?

As in what will it change if authentic or not?

The sheep are starting to pay attention now! There are storm clouds forming and pressure is being applied to do something more than have the pretender sit on his golf cart.

This is 2nd murder of an otherwise innocent American in a week. Remember how pissed most Americans were when Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi starting ramping up that behavior in Iraq? The Pentagon started getting free passes on ass whippings in public opinion.

I predict US boots on the ground; again! :(

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Unfortunately the US will never take the position of "Guns for hire"... technically it would be screwing the service men and women out of what those country's are paying for.

Some say this is a Myth... however, I assure you it isn't.

Following deployment for Desert Shield/Storm and the "end" of the Gulf War (The FIRST one), the governments of Saudi and Kuwait wanted to give every service member who participated a nice fat check (The amounts vary based on who you speak to as the original amount was never disclosed). The government declined stating "We are not mercenaries". Then, they wanted to award every service member with a medal... now the Liberation of Kuwait Medal (Saudi) and the Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)... Initially it was proposed that the medals be issued in Solid Gold in order to compensate for the US government not accepting the "bonus" for each service member... but again, the US government declined and the medals were produced using standard materials.

Though I too agree, we will eventually see more boots on the ground.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Unfortunately the US will never take the position of "Guns for hire"... technically it would be screwing the service men and women out of what those country's are paying for.

Some say this is a Myth... however, I assure you it isn't.

Following deployment for Desert Shield/Storm and the "end" of the Gulf War (The FIRST one), the governments of Saudi and Kuwait wanted to give every service member who participated a nice fat check (The amounts vary based on who you speak to as the original amount was never disclosed). The government declined stating "We are not mercenaries". Then, they wanted to award every service member with a medal... now the Liberation of Kuwait Medal (Saudi) and the Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)... Initially it was proposed that the medals be issued in Solid Gold in order to compensate for the US government not accepting the "bonus" for each service member... but again, the US government declined and the medals were produced using standard materials.

Though I too agree, we will eventually see more boots on the ground.

I agree with that policy. I want these countries to pay the bill for the deployment. Them versus the US taxpayer.

Top Bottom