And they wonder why they can't get paid $15/hour

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    So last Sunday I went to McDonald's. The place is empty except for one employee eating at a table. I walked up to the counter and a girl in a blue shirt (I assume the manager as it's the only blue shirt) takes my order. I ordered two Bacon Clubhouse with the crispy chicken and a cheddar onion burger with a large fries. I paid and moved to the side of the counter to wait for the order. Now I can see a pow-wow between the manager and two other employees happening right in front of me. Apparently there is a drive-thru customer that is not happy with the chocolate shake they were given. Having watched that shake being made I can definitely understand why as it was not even recognizable as a shake. Clearly there was something wrong with the machine. But the employee who was telling the manager about it was trying to put this on the customer because "no one else was complaining about the shakes". First, you don't complain about customers in front of other customers. That's just basic. Second, this "shake" was below sub-standard which should have been clear to the person making it, the person who gave it to the customer and the manager.

After this incident the manager comes back and tells me they are out of the buns for the Clubhouse and it would take an hour to thaw them out. An hour! As if microwaves don't exist. I choose a different bun. Another couple of minutes pass and she comes back to tell me it will be four minutes for the crispy chicken to cook or I can order it another way. So obviously my order hasn't even been started in this empty restaurant. I say I'll wait. She offers me a drink which I take over to the serve yourself fountain machine. The machine doesn't look like it's been wiped down any time recently with spilled soda all over.

So I sit down and wait for my order to be completed. While sitting there I noticed some kind of strange inch-long insect on the floor. Now generally companies don't like having bugs crawling around their restaurant so I walk up to the counter and tell the manager. She calls for a male employee to take care of it. So he walks out to the dining area, looks at it, asks me if I want to kill it (what?) and then squashes it with his foot. Now the bug is stuck to the bottom of his foot which he then starts shaking throwing bug pieces around the dining area. He then proceeds to return to the food prep area and does not return to clean up the now dead insect carcass in pieces in the dining area. Nor does he return to clean up the food littering the floor only five feet away from the bug he just mutilated. I do hear him telling the other employees about it in the back while liberally dropping F-bombs.

So finally my food is ready and the manager hands it to me after my fifteen minute wait. I open the bag, no cheddar onion burger. So I ask the manager where my burger is. "Oh, it's right over here". Apparently she had been putting the order together but didn't bother to check that it had all four items in the bag before handing it to me. Now I don't expect much from a fast food chain but I do expect a minimum level of competence and decorum and this crew failed miserably. This is why I gladly pay more to eat at Cane's or Chick-fil-a.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    After seeing the nasty condition of the store and the performance of the employees, I would have gotten my money back and gone elsewhere for a meal. I'd be afraid to eat any food from there. McDump indeed !!

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I'd rather have gas station food before eating after witnessing all of that.

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    I quit fast food joints long ago. Too many idiots employed there & definitely too filthy. FYI, the serve your self drink machines have been found to have more filth/bacteria on them the restrooms.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    We avoid McDonalds. Chick Fil A gets our business most of the time when we have to stop for fast food. Cost a little more, but worth it with the quality of the food, service, etc.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    We all have horror stories about fast food restaurants, it's a shame too because the product when properly prepared is usually pretty good. . It's a real shame that some of those franchise restaurant's lose money because of the terrible service provided by employees.
    I see it time and again the employees are so terrible that no person with any self respect would dare apply to work with those losers. .

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Is it just the Chic Fil-A up here, or are all of the employees so friendly they must be in a cult or on drugs? I bet you could slap one of them in the face and they would tell you it was a pleasure being slapped by you today.

Joking aside, I love the Chic Fil-A, except for the sodium.. The store is always spotless, they have never gotten my order wrong, food is good. Screw the McD's.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Is it just the Chic Fil-A up here, or are all of the employees so friendly they must be in a cult or on drugs? I bet you could slap one of them in the face and they would tell you it was a pleasure being slapped by you today.

Joking aside, I love the Chic Fil-A, except for the sodium.. The store is always spotless, they have never gotten my order wrong, food is good. Screw the McD's.

When that is the least of your worries at a place, you're doing good.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You do not want to eat at the McDonalds on general degualle in Algiers. I rarely eat fast food, but the few times I do a year it is just horrible all around. Long waits, loud talking employees, gets your order wrong, the drinks taste like the nozzle has never been cleaned. It's just the worst.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City

They live for saying "my pleasure" and I keep telling myself to not say "thank you" but apparently I cannot help it. They get me every time! I love chick fil a. One of these days, a comedy movie will debut chick fil a and will have the employees saying "my pleasure" again and again.

Top Bottom