Silencerco mounting options for centerfire cans.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    If I may add my 2 cents, Though I like the look of a suppressor under the rail. There are some down sides to it. For instance, You CANNOT shoot the rifle unsuppressed. The gas and pressure and ruin your rail if you tried, and possibly hold your hand incorrectly and burn yourself. Also the heat may transfer to your rail a little quicker considering how hot a suppressor gets from shooting (I've melted quite a few things by laying my suppressor on it after a day of shooting). With the right suppressor and hand guard combo, you can get a "flush" look which may alleviate some of those issue, and also opens your options on suppressors and mounts.

I didnt consider that. I will now though....ahhhh! So many variables! But hey, thats what makes all of this fun.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I didnt consider that. I will now though....ahhhh! So many variables! But hey, thats what makes all of this fun.

if you want me to bring my two over to the shop, let me know. you can still do the shrouded look if you are willing to screw on one the cone type muzzle devices ( like a KX) when the suppressor isnt on it, but that would mean that you're using a direct thread can on it.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    if you want me to bring my two over to the shop, let me know. you can still do the shrouded look if you are willing to screw on one the cone type muzzle devices ( like a KX) when the suppressor isnt on it, but that would mean that you're using a direct thread can on it.

They also sell fake suppressors also, which I had to use on my 9mm AR and 22 AR when I did direct thread recessed suppressors. I used them to test function before the cans came in, but have since sold the 22, and the 9mm has a 3 lug adaptor with dedicated can for that rifle.

Top Bottom