Hunting Douche! What a Dick!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My wife could run a successful hunting show in a National PRESERVE! What a dick this dude has to be. It doesn't surprise me he is from Mississippi. Notorious poachers there!

BTW: That Lacy Act Violation is going to cost this dude some serious bucks; and I don't mean male deer. He is likely to do time!

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A cable television network suspended a hunting show after the program's host and nine others involved in the production were charged in a federal poaching investigation at a national preserve in remote northwest Alaska.

The Sportsman Channel on Tuesday immediately suspended "The Syndicate" from airing on the network and launched its own internal investigation, said Jim Liberatore, CEO and president of Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks.

"We take this situation very seriously and have acted swiftly to suspend the show, its producers and talent," Liberatore said in a statement. "If true, what has been alleged is clearly unacceptable, unethical and against everything our networks stand for."

Prosecutors on Monday said more than two dozen grizzly bears, moose, caribou and Dall sheep were illegally killed in the Noatak National Preserve, which is north of the Arctic Circle and near Alaska's northwestern coast. The illegal kills ended up on the show, authorities alleged.

There were at least four hunts conducted in Alaska for the show over the last five years. Assistant U.S. Attorney Steven Skrocki, the lead prosecutor, said at a news conference Monday that all the Alaska hunts for the show were conducted illegally but were edited to appear that they were legal.

The show's host, Clark W. Dixon, 41, of Hazlehurst, Mississippi, was charged in U.S. District Court in Fairbanks with two felony violations of the Lacey Act.

Dixon is accused of taking a grizzly bear for a fee in 2010 without being a licensed and registered big game hunting guide. He's also charged with conducting an illegal outfitting operation since 2009.

Dixon didn't return a message left by The Associated Press on Monday, and the phone at his home in Mississippi rang unanswered Tuesday.

Nine other people, who are from Alaska, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana and Nevada, and two production companies face related misdemeanors or tickets.

"The Syndicate" is independently produced and purchases air time on the Sportsman Channel, Liberatore said.

One of the production companies cited for using footage shot in the preserve without a permit called the network's decision to suspend the show "unfortunate." However, the statement from Syndicate Hunting of Reno, Nevada, adds: "While disheartened, we respect their decision to do so."

It also says once it became aware of the allegations, it severed ties with Dixon and another person charged. It was unclear when the company found out about the investigation and when ties were cut.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Dont go blaiming Mississippi for this guy and Mississippi wont go blaiming us for some of the craptastic folks from here. I have spent most my adult life in Louisiana but was born and raised in South Jackson MS. Its always interesting to notice the thanksgiving weekend migration to various places folks hunt in Mississippi when I'm headed home for the holidays.
    As a matter of fact most deer hunters I know go to MS or AL. I wont tell you what they tell me when I ask about those out of state license fees.

MS, LA, AL get kicked in the nuts enough from those mouth breathers on the east and west coast no friendly fire please.

:D

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Dont go blaiming Mississippi for this guy and Mississippi wont go blaiming us for some of the craptastic folks from here. I have spent most my adult life in Louisiana but was born and raised in South Jackson MS. Its always interesting to notice the thanksgiving weekend migration to various places folks hunt in Mississippi when I'm headed home for the holidays.
    As a matter of fact most deer hunters I know go to MS or AL. I wont tell you what they tell me when I ask about those out of state license fees.

MS, LA, AL get kicked in the nuts enough from those mouth breathers on the east and west coast no friendly fire please.

:D

Ha! I didn't even want to try to go there about the douche's we have here. The trespassing/poaching/entitlement crowd here is so pathetic I would be for shooting them! :p

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I never understood the point of hunting bears.

He'll be in jail for a while, and he'll be hit with a **** ton of fines. Killing bears, illegally, faces fines in the tens of thousands of dollars range, IIRC.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner

He'll be in jail for a while, and he'll be hit with a **** ton of fines. Killing bears, illegally, faces fines in the tens of thousands of dollars range, IIRC.

Yea I wont even watch a show about hunting bears !

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Population control mostly. In some northern states and Canada, they are like roaches! Louisiana will be considering a re-vitalized bear season here soon too! They have rebounded immensely.

I understand population control, but I'm talking about the people that hunt bears, because they just want to.
    I see taking out a small pack of hogs as population control. Filming yourself shooting one bear just doesn't sit right with me, I guess.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I understand population control, but I'm talking about the people that hunt bears, because they just want to.
    I see taking out a small pack of hogs as population control. Filming yourself shooting one bear just doesn't sit right with me, I guess.

It does look mean! :D Poor bastards come to those barrels like they are starving!

Hey, if it's any consolation, I hear that much of the meat from bear hunts is given away. In certain places, that is.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

When they put a reciprocal amount/value on the Dahl Sheep, that dudes ******* is going to prolapse! :flamed:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Population control mostly. In some northern states and Canada, they are like roaches! Louisiana will be considering a re-vitalized bear season here soon too! They have rebounded immensely.

This^

Black bears are a nuisance up here.
    They tear up feeders and cameras, get hit by vehicles, damage hunting camps, compete with deer for feed, etc.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Bears are the apex preditor of North America. That is if you exclude me. Hunting something thats hunting you has an appeal. I would do it. Obviously it would have to be legal and would have to be with someone experienced.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This^

Black bears are a nuisance up here.
    They tear up feeders and cameras, get hit by vehicles, damage hunting camps, compete with deer for feed, etc.

What I find funny about that, is up until a year or so ago, my wife didn't believe there were black bears in Louisiana. She thought it was a myth, because she had never seen one. Her parents didn't believe it either. I guess you can chalk it up like the Libs that think Terrorism isn't an issue, because they've never seen it. Out of sight, out of mind kinda thing, eh?

I agree, however, about population control, it's necessary for any environment. I guess I just don't comprehend the amount of bears in Alaska.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Population control is a delicate thing from either side when it comes to dangerous animals. The game and fish folks say you go to jail and or get fined if you kill one. Then the population gets out of control and a danger to society. Then years go by where people are injure, killed or losd property to the point where the game and fish folks go oh maybe we should thin out the poplulation. The pearl river north of Jackson is a prime example. The aligator population has been out of control for close to 30 years. Its been in the last 8 that they have slowly began to allow limited hunts. Finally I guess the right persons dog got ate. Thd bears will be the exact same way in another 10-15 years.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What I find funny about that, is up until a year or so ago, my wife didn't believe there were black bears in Louisiana. She thought it was a myth, because she had never seen one. Her parents didn't believe it either. I guess you can chalk it up like the Libs that think Terrorism isn't an issue, because they've never seen it. Out of sight, out of mind kinda thing, eh?

I agree, however, about population control, it's necessary for any environment. I guess I just don't comprehend the amount of bears in Alaska.

Particularly human! ;)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Bears are the apex preditor of North America. That is if you exclude me. Hunting something thats hunting you has an appeal. I would do it. Obviously it would have to be legal and would have to be with someone experienced.

Maybe if you hunted them with a bayonet. I don't agree with feeding them everyday then going in and killing them. That is not hunting it's called ambushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Maybe if you hunted them with a bayonet. I don't agree with feeding them everyday then going in and killing them. That is not hunting it's called ambushing

That's what I don't agree with, as far as hunting bears.

Every show that I've seen consisted of some "hunter" who thinks his **** don't stink, shooting a bear with an arrow (which does nothing), then the "guide" shoots the bear with a .45-70 to drop it. The three hunts I've seen, were them shooting the grizzly while it was in a stream looking at them.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Agreed. Baiting isn't very sporting. People do it all the time with deer though salt licks, corn feeders, I guess you could even say rye fields.
    Bears are smarter than deer and are much more aware of there surroundings, I think the difference is we are used to it when it comes to deer.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Baiting isn't very sporting. People do it all the time with deer though salt licks, corn feeders, I guess you could even say rye fields.
    Bears are smarter than deer and are much more aware of there surroundings, I think the difference is we are used to it when it comes to deer.

Top Bottom