Hunting Douche! What a Dick!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm in Concordia. They don't STAY on the property- but when they come they usually leave a nice calling card in the form of dismantled solar panels, tripods, etc....I would also submit that the story we're told about them being "shy" and will run away doesn't apply to all of them. I've had a few good size adults that made it pretty clear they gave less than a damn that I was standing within a few yards of them. They usually left- but weren't in a hurry. Bye Bye deer hunt, for that day. :doh:

They're fun to watch when you're not deer/hog hunting. But if you put out corn or plant something they happen to like (they seem to like just about everything), they'll eventually show up and eat til they throw up. :rolleyes: :dogkeke:

A bear season is coming! They are taking them off of the endangered list here (if they haven't already).

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    A bear season is coming! They are taking them off of the endangered list here (if they haven't already).

I know! I'm throwing my name in the hat when they do.....I want a damn rug and some bear steaks- SEEING AS I'VE BEEN FEEDING THEM! :rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I know! I'm throwing my name in the hat when they do.....I want a damn rug and some bear steaks- SEEING AS I'VE BEEN FEEDING THEM! :rofl:

A friend of mine sold a premier deer property in Tensas because of them. The biggest rack I ever shot was there in 2001; now the deer are gone because of the bears. He told me they literally destroyed 4 of the big steel hopper feeders (the kind with the big ladders) to get to the corn and protein feed.

He had had enough! He said that if he didn't sell it he would have started killing the bears. I think he took the high road! :mamoru:

Also, I think it would be cool to be the first person to bag a Louisiana black bear (legally), since they were put on the endangered list. Make me proud, Heat!

Last edited:

Ronin_Jedi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    US
    I never understood the point of hunting bears.

He'll be in jail for a while, and he'll be hit with a **** ton of fines. Killing bears, illegally, faces fines in the tens of thousands of dollars range, IIRC.
    I know this is a very late comment and I haven't read the entire back and forth here, but ...

Traditional Chinese Medicine uses parts of bear, like their gall bladder and paws. (Other animals too.)

It is my understanding that there has been an uptick in hunting bears in N America, among other places, to supply parts to Traditional Chinese Medicine companies. (Maybe to suppliers of other forms of 'traditional medicine'.) Very very lucrative practice I believe.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Top Bottom