Hunting Douche! What a Dick!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe if you hunted them with a bayonet. I don't agree with feeding them everyday then going in and killing them. That is not hunting it's called ambushing

Technically or literally, only some type of intentional pursuit or stalk would be considered hunting. I suppose that if you scouted an area, found signs of the intended prey, developed a strategy to best position yourself to be in the spot where you quarry will be on a specific day and time; that would also be "Hunting". But for all intents and purposes almost all the stand or stationary hunting is ambush hunting. Rabbit hunting (kicking them up), is a great example of actual hunting in the true meaning of the word.

Ducks, deer, doves, bears, squirrels, and many other animals are just becoming visible for ambush by happenstance unless coaxed naturally or intentionally with food. In the case of management, such as DMAP (Deer Management Assistance Programs), you are essentially playing God and thinning your herd based on a biologists opinion of carrying capacities of the land to feed them.

I justify everything I kill by eating it, but I do kill things because it is a kick in the ass! ;)

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    I justify everything I kill by eating it, but I do kill things because it is a kick in the ass!

That's what I'm saying, I get tired of hearing people justifying the reasons they are hunting... "Oh we have to shoot these coyotes because they are hurting the deer population, then oh we have to shoot these deer because they are over populating." How bout I get a kick out of blowing a coyotes face off! Too much?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That's what I'm saying, I get tired of hearing people justifying the reasons they are hunting... "Oh we have to shoot these coyotes because they are hurting the deer population, then oh we have to shoot these deer because they are over populating." How bout I get a kick out of blowing a coyotes face off! Too much?

I've said it before; I cannot believe that more people don't hunt squirrels for fun/sport? What more could you ask for than a small rodent that you can stalk or still hunt with a decent .22 rifle and a good scope. How can anyone not get a kick out of 50 yard head shots? Tests your patience, your accuracy; makes you a disciplined hunter and the little bastards ain't bad eating.

Hell, if you don't want to eat them, give them to someone! I've never had a problem getting rid of squirrels when I didn't feel like skinning them.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I've said it before; I cannot believe that more people don't hunt squirrels for fun/sport? What more could you ask for than a small rodent that you can stalk or still hunt with a decent .22 rifle and a good scope. How can anyone not get a kick out of 50 yard head shots? Tests your patience, your accuracy; makes you a disciplined hunter and the little bastards ain't bad eating.

Hell, if you don't want to eat them, give them to someone! I've never had a problem getting rid of squirrels when I didn't feel like skinning them.

Now this guy knows how to do it!
    Plus 10,000

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    My wife could run a successful hunting show in a National PRESERVE! What a dick this dude has to be. It doesn't surprise me he is from Mississippi. Notorious poachers there!

BTW: That Lacy Act Violation is going to cost this dude some serious bucks; and I don't mean male deer. He is likely to do time!

This is the kind of **** the anti's loves to hear. Hunters can't even get along with the casual shooters. I personally don't duck hunt, but is it ok for me to go off on someone who shoot bird from the sky?! Just because it isn't your thing, is not necessay to be negative about someone else who enjoys it!
    I personally have hunted in Alaska and Canada for bears more than one's. It is certainly an experience you never get from shooter poor old Bambi.
    How does someone gets caught hunting illegally has to do with someone doesn't understand why one goes bear hunting.
    Just stick together and fight the anti's and not amoung ourselves. Thats all I'm saying.

SpencerSS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Brusly, La
    Maybe if you hunted them with a bayonet. I don't agree with feeding them everyday then going in and killing them. That is not hunting it's called ambushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try it before you knock it. Many places, baiting is the only way you'll ever see a bear; like Mountain Lion, where dogs are a must. The way you see it on TV ain't exactly common, just like the TV deer hunts where they see 20+ 150 class whitetails. Everyone has there preferences; some people like to hunt ducks, turkeys...I don't care if I ever shoot another one; just not my thing, but I love squirrel hunting with an air rifle. I hunt deer with longbow or trying new rifle loads. I want to hunt as many big game animals around the world as I can; some people only like to hunt deer. To each his own. Ethics are not inherent to certain species, or weapons, or techniques; they are relative to a combination of each, plus the hunters experience, the situation, and hunter's goals.

SpencerSS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Brusly, La

I love to; but with airgun only. I'll shoot them out to 100yds with my Marauder.
    533303_10101367045970945_459050362_n.jpg

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

My favorite thing is squirrel hunting with a 22 using peep sites.
    0cbad3fdeac13e0a97d27bd6923c87b0.jpg

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    This story has been in and out of the news for over 5 years. Find something new to bitch about.
    My wife could run a successful hunting show in a National PRESERVE! What a dick this dude has to be. It doesn't surprise me he is from Mississippi. Notorious poachers there!

BTW: That Lacy Act Violation is going to cost this dude some serious bucks; and I don't mean male deer. He is likely to do time!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Don't get bear hunting? If they never get around to developing a black bear season in LA, many of you will eventually warm up to the idea.....:rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This story has been in and out of the news for over 5 years. Find something new to bitch about.

Wow! Mr. Dixon, is that you? :mamoru:

First, it was only from September of 2015 (which see), that's only about 5 months ago; so it must have taken time to be fully adjudicated (if it even is yet).

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...on-charged-with-poaching-related-felonies-in/

Second, I wasn't bitching! I was calling him a SCUMBAG poacher! And since he is from Mississippi it has a local flavor, because there are a good many scumbag poachers there on the other side of the line. I also noted how easy it would be to have a successful hunting show when you hunt in a virtual public zoo! SCUMBAG offense two!

Third, I was relating what kind of penalty this SCUMBAG was facing because I am familiar with the Lacey Act, and reparations for natural resources when a SCUMBAG gets caught poaching them. And I know the rarity of the animals he was freely killing for his own profit.

And so finally, if I were to bitch I might note that some members like to point out things in threads without knowing all the facts, the context, and the time lines of the stories. But, I won't! ;)

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Don't get bear hunting? If they never get around to developing a black bear season in LA, many of you will eventually warm up to the idea.....:rofl:

Yeah the folks I know who deer hunt between Vicksburg an Port Gibson would agree with you on this. They have been having more and more frequent Louisiana black bear sightings over the last 7 years.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yeah the folks I know who deer hunt between Vicksburg an Port Gibson would agree with you on this. They have been having more and more frequent Louisiana black bear sightings over the last 7 years.

I'm in Concordia. They don't STAY on the property- but when they come they usually leave a nice calling card in the form of dismantled solar panels, tripods, etc....I would also submit that the story we're told about them being "shy" and will run away doesn't apply to all of them. I've had a few good size adults that made it pretty clear they gave less than a damn that I was standing within a few yards of them. They usually left- but weren't in a hurry. Bye Bye deer hunt, for that day. :doh:

They're fun to watch when you're not deer/hog hunting. But if you put out corn or plant something they happen to like (they seem to like just about everything), they'll eventually show up and eat til they throw up. :rolleyes: :dogkeke:

Top Bottom