What is your CCW of choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    I searched for a thread somewhat like this, and couldn't find anything...anything recent at least. Just curious what is every's choice of CCW or if money wasn't an issue, what would be your go to? Just trying to get an idea on my next purchase, I currently carry a G23 but looking for a subcompact now. Right now, I'm torn between a CZ 2075 RAMI and a Kimber mirco raptor. I recently shot a CZ compact, and really liked the feel and balance of the weapon. The 2075 got excellent reviews. I read some reviews on the Kimber that had a couple malfunctions with certain ammo.

Last edited:

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I prefer and will continue to carry my XDS. Small, light, comfortable, and very manageable for a smaller handgun (45acp). And if it ends up in evidence after a self defense incident for a while, I won't care if the finish is marred from being tossed around.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I have to second the XDs in .45, compact and manageable.
    Otherwise something in a 1911 format; a Colt New Agent, an Officer or a commander sized Wilson Combat.

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I would have to concur on the XDS. I absolutely LOVE mine. I appreciate the .45 power size. I used to carry my RCP but, like mct said, I would not mind my XDS getting banged up whereas I had to wait almost a year and put out 1300 for the RCP. Plus the pic rail is nice to have if you need it. I quickly snap on a Varidian C5 when I get home and put it in the drawer next to my bed.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    As several others are noting, I have the XDs 3.3 in a .45. It shoots straight, comfortable in my hand and inside my waistband. I keep the smaller mag in mine for every day carry.

Most liberals seem to suffer from the same mental condition....it's called stupidity!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom