What is your CCW of choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    I switched from a Shield to an Hk P2000 about a year ago. I like the extra amount of rounds it carries. Great gun!

P-2000-888_zpsud2ca0kb.jpg~original

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    In hot weather - S&W 649 shrouded hammer SS j-frame .357 mag w/CTC lazer grip in a pocket holster. On the rare occasions my shirt is untucked, or coat & tie, it can go into a Fobus holster at 4 o'clock position.

Cold weather with jacket - above S&W or 1911A1 w/CTC lazer grip at 4 o'clock. Extra 1911 mags are thin and go either in left hip or jacket pocket.

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    Tristar/Canik C100. I added some VZ grips and night sights for a CZ 75 Compact to it, along with a CZ 75 compact mag that fits flush with the bottom of the grip.
    4DX5alm.jpg

copterdrvr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    That's my second-favorite higher capacity carry pistol for sure. I installed a Cajun Gun Works spring kit for the pistol, did some recommended polishing and now have a pistol with a 8.5 pound double action and 3.8 pound single action trigger pull. Heck it has better double action trigger pull than some "customized" S.W. double action triggers I've handled... It was a very beneficial 17 dollar investment.

Have to admit I also installed the 85C trigger-don't have big hands and it reduced the trigger reach just enough to make the C100 feel like it was designed for my hand.

I still carry the PT111 G2 mostly because it's just alittle bit thinner(same as my CW9) and on my frame, it makes a difference.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    That's my second-favorite higher capacity carry pistol for sure. I installed a Cajun Gun Works spring kit for the pistol, did some recommended polishing and now have a pistol with a 8.5 pound double action and 3.8 pound single action trigger pull. Heck it has better double action trigger pull than some "customized" S.W. double action triggers I've handled... It was a very beneficial 17 dollar investment.

Have to admit I also installed the 85C trigger-don't have big hands and it reduced the trigger reach just enough to make the C100 feel like it was designed for my hand.

I still carry the PT111 G2 mostly because it's just alittle bit thinner(same as my CW9) and on my frame, it makes a difference.

That's good to know. I find the stock trigger in DA mode to be too far away for a decent grip.

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA

85C trigger? Can you provide a link or explanation? I refuse to carry the gun in DA because I can barely reach the trigger in DA.

copterdrvr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Lafayette, Louisiana

Actually this is the one I installed as well as the 3 spring kit SKU: SPGK1
    Before I ordered either one, I would check with the manufacturer and see if one would give you a shorter trigger reach than the other. When I ordered my trigger the only one available was the one with the overtravel screw so I don't know if there is a difference in the "curve" between the two triggers.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/39150-trigger/

I went all the way and also installed a set of black, thin aluminum grips.

The pics show how much trigger purchase I have. The distance from the heal of my hand to the tip of the longest finger is 7 and 3/8 inches.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I switched from a Shield to an Hk P2000 about a year ago. I like the extra amount of rounds it carries. Great gun!

P-2000-888_zpsud2ca0kb.jpg~original

Holy crap! It took 103 posts before we got some class in this thread! CC to and from work, I use my P200sk. Any other time I carry my P30/x300HD

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Glock 19 and the Ruger sr9c for the longest time, then it was the FNS9, finally settled on the Glock 30s.
    I think shes a keeper.

:)

Drummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    NELA
    Sig P938 in a Garrett Industries or P226 9mm DAK in a Safariland ALS paddle. Still looking for a better OWB concealment option for it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BBA
    Top Bottom