What is your CCW of choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I am thinking about getting my first ccw. I have been looking at the M&P shield and the LC9S. I am leaning toward the S&W. What would be a good IWB, I would think that the kydex would be stiff and uncomfortable, and I think a good leather holster would be the best.

LC9s is more of a pocket gun, the shield would work well with IWB holster. Why choose when you can buy both? Question is really which to buy first. I would get the shield first. The LC9 is NOT a fun gun to shoot and being new you need to shoot a lot.
    Get the aliengear as it's cheap enough to try out iwb carry and make sure its for you. It is pretty comfy and a good value but there are better holsters out there.

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Depends on what I'm doing. S&W Bodyguard .380, G23, .38 snubbie among many. Usually it just depends on what matches my shoes.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    LC9s is more of a pocket gun, the shield would work well with IWB holster. Why choose when you can buy both? Question is really which to buy first. I would get the shield first. The LC9 is NOT a fun gun to shoot and being new you need to shoot a lot.
    Get the aliengear as it's cheap enough to try out iwb carry and make sure its for you. It is pretty comfy and a good value but there are better holsters out there.

I am sitting outside the shop waiting for them to open. I will do more comparisons, but will probably get the shield. Holster shopping is next.

Last edited:

colby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    I appreciate all the reply's from everyone. I ended up going with the CZ 2075 RAMI BD. I see a lot of folks carry xds and glock. I love my glock23, you can't go wrong with a glock. The only thing I don't like about the xds is the safety on the back of the grip.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I am sitting outside the shop waiting for them to open. I will do more comparisons, but will probably get the shield. Holster shopping is next.

Between an lc9s and a shield, I would get a shield. Over both of them in that size I would get a g43, although I am not uncomfortable with my pf9.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I went with the shield. Now to find a comfortable holster.

Niiiice.jpg

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I have been looking at holsters cannot decide, kydex, leather, or hybrid. My biggest thing is comfort. I don't want to have a couple of holsters I will not use because they are not comfortable.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have been looking at holsters cannot decide, kydex, leather, or hybrid. My biggest thing is comfort. I don't want to have a couple of holsters I will not use because they are not comfortable.

Carrying is comforting, not comfortable.

Anyone who thinks adding 2lbs of crap on a belt is comfortable, is full of it.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Carrying is comforting, not comfortable.

Anyone who thinks adding 2lbs of crap on a belt is comfortable, is full of it.

Egg-zackery.

Its about what you can tollerate.

I did walk around the house with my full size fns-9 down my pants. I could grow to tollerate it.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I bought a cheap holster with the gun. The thing that I don't like is the back of the slide bites into my side. I was thinking something with a full sweat shield would solve the problem.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I bought a cheap holster with the gun. The thing that I don't like is the back of the slide bites into my side. I was thinking something with a full sweat shield would solve the problem.

Yep, holsters without a sweat guard are good for OWB "offset" type holsters.

Here's an example, although a rather poor one.

Sweat_Guard.jpg

Top Bottom