ITT we miss Denny Schaffer and John Osterlind

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Momma taught me that if I had nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Well, sorry Moms. I literally cannot listen to Gerry V. That delivery, that accent, that opinion. It's killing me.
    I miss Denny Schaffer. And Osterlind was a hoot. The only reason why I listen to WWL is so that I don't have to hear Gerry. I'm sure he's a great guy. I would help him change his tire on the side of the road, but radio really is not his thing.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    Mebbie if I lived in Houston, I'd like the "Pop a Top" guy more.
    I never thought I would, but I also miss Osterlind.
    He would get repetitive, but he was local and very funny.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I agree with everything you just said.

d9be72f4ac11c7da286fa98e99c929f3.gif

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Gerry V. is a moonbat wacko who tries his best to hide it. When the shooting in Lafayette I wanted to rip his arm off and beat him to death with it (I would hate to add to thd gun crime stats), when he did a segment on "if your gun could talk". Wait is that too harsh? Oh well guess I'm one of the "crazies".

Gerry V. High two. :madfawk:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Yep back to W&J. They played this song again this morning, classic! http://youtu.be/wDMYVgCarYE

I'm ok with the Michael Berry show in the evening but I do miss Osterlind. He has some show on during the day on AM but I can never catch it.

I enjoy W&J they make me laugh even when the subject should make me want to cry.

Michael Berry is alright but some time he belabors somethings to the point where I have to switch stations.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    You can keep a Denny. I listened on occasion and from what I heard he was a light version of Gerry. I really miss Osterlind, he was hillarious and pulled punches. As for Gerry V, the guy is such a flaming libtard he has a hard time trying to hide it under the guise of thought. What a crock.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Good! I thought I was the only one. It's W&J in the morning and used to be Mahkul Berry in the PM. HATE it when I forget to change the station before getting out of the truck in the evening, and the first thing I hear the next morning is that Phuqtard V! :eek: Since Mahkul is now 150000000% on Cruz' nuts, I'll just put country on for the 10 min ride home. Sick to death of all this "my guy is the best, your guy is a POS" talk!

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Gerry V is like fingernails on a chalkboard , I cant stand him . It's Walton and Johnson most mornings or nothing at all .
    And yes Osterlind at 5 was a nice ride home . He had a great show .:wtc:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Is it bad that I have such a low tolerance for the human voice that I cannot listen to talk radio in the morning? So much so that I have to turn my employees radios off when I try to talk to them. Does not help that they turn them up to 11...

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    I caught Osterlind's show last week, it was great to hear him again. Thanks, didn't know he was back on the air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Is it bad that I have such a low tolerance for the human voice that I cannot listen to talk radio in the morning? So much so that I have to turn my employees radios off when I try to talk to them. Does not help that they turn them up to 11...

I don't know how any of them have listeners for very long. In one typical hour, there is about 20 minutes of content and the rest is commercials. Once a commercial comes on, I immediately change the station, and am so mentally tuned out after that, I don't even remember to go back. Terrestrial radio is terrible!

Top Bottom