ITT we miss Denny Schaffer and John Osterlind

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Ok, not sure what that means though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some forums have options to either give reputation points for help given or a funny post or for being a hot chick, etc. You can also take away reputation points for being a jerk or unhelpful or pretending to be a hot chick. I know, weird.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dang, thought it was just me. I used to sort of enjoy the JBO morning thing, and yes, always a W&J fan, back to them in the morning. And yeah, Michael Berry lost me pretty much lately. If not over the political agenda, the callers man. I understand some need to be handled, but he's a little too self righteous lately...

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    Momma taught me that if I had nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Well, sorry Moms. I literally cannot listen to Gerry V. That delivery, that accent, that opinion. It's killing me.
    I miss Denny Schaffer. And Osterlind was a hoot. The only reason why I listen to WWL is so that I don't have to hear Gerry. I'm sure he's a great guy. I would help him change his tire on the side of the road, but radio really is not his thing.

Schaffer was good. We had a number of back and forth emails. He was always interesting and polite, and I enjoyed his show. Osterlind was a flaming moron, and Gerry V. is a complete flaming moron... incoherent, illogical, consistent only in his stupidity. I've stopped listening to WRNO because of their poor lineup of local hosts.

arcomm3

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    S.E.La.
    I liked Denny and John. Denny went back to Ohio and they removed John. I always thought they should have moved John into Denny's slot and all would have be right in the world. I can not stand GV. I have written the station mgr on several occasions with no luck. I went to W&J in the am. I have even considered starting a boycott on FB and see if it would get any steam, but they have been a disappointment lately as well.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    For the past 3 years, i have gotten the Arbitron radio diary. Have used it to show my contempt for GV/WRNO. Doesn't seem to have helped.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Osterlind is moving again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where to now? Just listened to him a minute ago. He made me laugh talking about The Advocate and how he let the papers pIle up in his yard to send the message he didn't want them. Early one morning he was going to meet the paperboy and tell him to stop littering his yard until he saw it was two big black guys. He changed his tune and said, "Thanks for the paper! "

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Vallaincourt is a closet liberal pretending to be a conservative solely because he inherited a conservative customer base. He would pretend to be an Eskimo if he was speaking in Alaska. His background is in announcing basketball, not very challenging mentally, and certainly not a very marketable skill set. There is no shortage of self proclaimed sports experts willing to give you their opinion, especially basketball, usually free of charge. Imagine that being your only occupational training! Most in his position would do anything to keep a paycheck coming in, albeit small, including speaking on matters that they neither comprehend nor have any interest in. In other words, WRNO kept the lowest bidder, and threw in some syndicated shows to save money, and it shows.
    WRNO never got the message that conservative talk radio listeners probably don't religiously follow basketball; so much for demographic analyses. As if cancelling talk shows in favor of live basketball games wasn't bad enough, WRNO has hit a new low, using some basketball commentator/ RADIO PERSONALITY WITH A SPEECH IMPEDIMENT to announce the games! Isn't that some sort of side show exploitation? Has anyone else heard this poor bastard? He sounds like Sylvester from Looney Toons. You can hear the saliva flying from his mouth. Radio hosts with speech impediments... What next? Blind NASCAR drivers?!?
    Well, you get what you pay for. Back to Walton and Johnson until they fire these clowns and get real talent.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    A few weeks ago Jerry V played a clip from the head of GOA. I was agreeing with just about the guy said. Then Jerry V came back on and started making fun of him and trying to act as though he was a moron for saying guns were for keeping the government in line. (admittedly the speaker probably went a bit too far in saying that if any politicians got out of line the guns were assissinate them...)

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Gerry V is a waste of airtime. I did not like Denny Schaeffer. I did like Osterlind.

I'm also back to WnJ in the morning.

Top Bottom