Opinions on the Ruger 22/45 Lite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I ordered one of these from grabagun and have heard nothing but good reports on them. I haven't seen any used ones for sale. Anyways I'm looking forward to getting my Cobalt blue model in to use with my 22 silencer once my paperwork comes back in 3 or so.
    Grabagun had it for 349.99 with 5.99 shipping in case anybody is interested.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've wanted one of the original ones (black and gold) just b/c of the color combo. But never bought one since I already own a threaded bull barrel 22/45 with red dot. Mine runs 100% suppressed, and only mod was a bushing that gets rig of the mag safety.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Just bought a like new used one for a great deal at Clarks near Shreveport. I've got a reflex sight on the way and will be adding the VQ parts to it soon. It shoots great as is but I'm a fan of the volsquartsen trigger. Excellent suppressor host by the way. I've shot several of the lite variants in the past with no problems, except one. The Lite have an aluminum barrel shroud and the 1/2x28 threaded end is actually itself a threaded on adapter. Well my buddy's brand new green model just unscrewed when we tried to take my can off of it the first time. I got the can off carefully with a well padded vise and wrench. We called Ruger who recommended sending it back vs screwing it back on with red loctite. He chose the loctite route. All has been well since. I'm sure this was just a fluke and does not turn me off the brand at all. You're gonna have a blast with the gun.

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have the blue one. I have had a half dozen 22/45 Rugers over the years and this one is the first one that repeatedly hangs up. At first I was hoping it was just new and would eventually break in. Prob shot 800 rounds through it and it still hangs up. If I get through a whole 10 round magazine I am beyond happy. Usually don't happen though. Very accurate though when it shoots.

I have tried a mixture of ammo also.

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I seam to have an issue with mine feeding from the mag occasionally. Other than that I guess I like it. Maybe not as easy to reassemble as a glock.
    16548cae5959a7de6082d7b220b6da9c.jpg

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I actually sent mine back to Ruger...its was key holing rounds with my warlock 2 on it. They replaced the barrel and its 100% now. Another plus 1 for the Tandemcross upgraded bushing.

OHV3dC6.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Got one a few months back and it's quickly become one of my favorite plinkers. Mine eats anything and is surprisingly accurate. I'm also a big fan of all the Tandemkross stuff, great parts for the money. The hammer bushing is a must. Also threw in one of their triggers and extractors, as well as an AAC Element 2 (though it will probably wear the Dead Air Mask I currently have in NFA jail) and a Vortex Venom 3.5MOA on a prototype mount (had to black it out sorry). Awesome little package and loads of fun. Even claimed its first snake victim a couple weeks ago.

967352923faf0f272f6587e58493987a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom