Opinions on the Ruger 22/45 Lite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have the blue one. I have had a half dozen 22/45 Rugers over the years and this one is the first one that repeatedly hangs up. At first I was hoping it was just new and would eventually break in. Prob shot 800 rounds through it and it still hangs up. If I get through a whole 10 round magazine I am beyond happy. Usually don't happen though. Very accurate though when it shoots.

I have tried a mixture of ammo also.
    contact Ruger, get a shipping label, fed ex from a hub and wait a week. Their customer service is top notch.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Here is mine. Got it in yesterday after ordering it on Wednesday.
    I have a Spectre II in NFA jail waiting for it and my Ruger 10/22 Stainless Rifle.

Attachments

• DSCN0942.JPG
      DSCN0942.JPG
      73.4 KB · Views: 126
    • DSCN0941.JPG
      DSCN0941.JPG
      72.8 KB · Views: 128

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Got one a few months back and it's quickly become one of my favorite plinkers. Mine eats anything and is surprisingly accurate. I'm also a big fan of all the Tandemkross stuff, great parts for the money. The hammer bushing is a must. Also threw in one of their triggers and extractors, as well as an AAC Element 2 (though it will probably wear the Dead Air Mask I currently have in NFA jail) and a Vortex Venom 3.5MOA on a prototype mount (had to black it out sorry). Awesome little package and loads of fun. Even claimed its first snake victim a couple weeks ago.

967352923faf0f272f6587e58493987a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How you like the venom?

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Allows you to remove/eliminate the magazine disconnect safety and allows drop free mags while maintaining reliable function.

MONK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    I would suggest you delete the loaded chamber indicator. It actually rubs the round while being fed into the chamber during cycling which can cause malfunctions in feeding and extraction. I bought the 22/45 with the upper and lower rail. Threw a JPoint (RDS) and TLR-3 on it. I added VQ trigger job and TK LCI delete kit. It runs like a top and smooth as butter naked or with a SiCo Spetre II. You will be very happy with your choice.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Allows you to remove/eliminate the magazine disconnect safety and allows drop free mags while maintaining reliable function.

It also makes reassembly alot easier if you're one to tinker. All in all a great way to spend < $10.

As for the Venom I REALLY like it. More than quality enough for a .22 without spending crazy money on an RMR etc. Great little optic with an even better warranty. And while I typically recommend a bigger dot for a SD pistol, I feel the 3.5MOA is a good size for plinking and nailing snakes.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

It also makes reassembly alot easier if you're one to tinker. All in all a great way to spend < $10.

cool, tnx. Saved the link and going to put in an order for the pistol and bushing. Waiting on .gov right now.

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    How accurate are the 22/45 lites. I am looking for a light weight pistol for young shooters. Will be used in 4H competition and need to group in 2 ins. at 25 yards. All of the mark 111's I have seen and shot are a pain to reassemble after cleaning is the 22/45 lite any easier. David Hood

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Just a side note to my previous comment.

After trying and trying with the Ruger 22/45 Lite and not being able to run through a single magazine I sent it back off to Ruger and now that its back it shoots 100% better and like a Ruger should shoot. Shot 100 rounds through it when it came back and no matter how we shot it everything was flawless. Very happy now with the pistol.

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Here is mine. Got it in yesterday after ordering it on Wednesday.
    I have a Spectre II in NFA jail waiting for it and my Ruger 10/22 Stainless Rifle.

I was looking at these just now and I did not see that black and stainless one on Rugers site...is that a older model or they havent updated there site yet?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom