Memorial Day Sales

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    What did you pick up?
    I tried to get through the day without spending money but at about 23:00 hrs I saw an add for CBC Industries. They had uppers on sale. I clicked on to their site and ordered the Generation 2 upper assembly featuring the 7 sided Keymod Rail in 5.56 with a 1/8 barrel.
    http://www.cbcindustries.com/collec...15-cbc-arms-keymod-gen-2-ar-15-handguard-rail
    Now why did I buy it when I already have three upper kits coming in? :doh: Maybe because it was on sale for a great price and I like to build ARs.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Gun related or not , Memorial Day sales are disrespectful . The only shopping I do on Memorial Day is at the grocery store .
    I guess you don't like Sants, or the Easter Bunny because those would be disrespectful to our Lord and Savior. And you have never had a BBQ or been to one on Memorial Day Because that would be disrespectful on the day we morun those that we have lost in war.
    What I find disrespectful is your reply that has nothing to do with the topis I posted.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The title of your thread is " Memorial Day Sales " and you asked everybody what they bought . That kind of opened the door . I'm not picking on you . I'm kind of making commentary on the nation as a whole . Somebody on a local Facebook page asked if there was a parade in the area . No parade but plenty of sales . I think that's sad . I apologize for crapping in your thread .

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs

Ok, Have you ever served your country? Which cemetery did you go to Memorial Day? Have you ever placed a small flag at a soldier's grave. Have you ever stood among the white headstones and flags and not able to stop the tears. I have done these, some more then I can count.
    The next A** that would like to let me know that they think that a sale on Memorial Day is disrespectful
    can kiss my A**.
    The topic here is Memorial Day Sales, What did you pick up?
    Not how do you feel about them.

Last edited:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    The title of your thread is " Memorial Day Sales " and you asked everybody what they bought . That kind of opened the door . I'm not picking on you . I'm kind of making commentary on the nation as a whole . Somebody on a local Facebook page asked if there was a parade in the area . No parade but plenty of sales . I think that's sad . I apologize for crapping in your thread .
    Good point.. Why no parades ? I remember them when I was young

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Ok, Have you ever served your country? Which cemetery did you go to Memorial Day? Have you ever placed a small flag at a soldier's grave. Have you ever stood among the white headstones and flags and not able to stop the tears. I have done these, some more then I can count.
    The next A** that would like to let me know that they think that a sale on Memorial Day is disrespectful
    can kiss my A**.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:For thinking a thread on BS would not at some point get off topic.

I bought 4 tickets to take my grand kids to see Angry Birds ! After the popcorn and Icee I was broke !

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I bought nothing of consquence on Memorial day but I did take delivery of some furniture bought on Saturday. And while I lament that businesses use Memorial day weekend to drive up revenue, we cant blaim them for the lack of attention we as a nation put towards the intent of the day. But I dont think that Memorial day should be a day of mourning either. It should be a day you celibrate the legacy our brave brothers and sisters who gave the ultimate sacrifice. As a nation we stand on their shoulders. Not a damn thing that is great about this country could have existed or remain in existance if not for them. We should do whatever we choose to do and keep in mind that if not for them chances are we couldn't do it.
    I'm sad to report most of the day was spent on cussing and finish carpentry in my house. But next year I entend on returning to my regularly scheduled grilling/smoking (yes both) and enjoying the country so many have sacrificed to give us.

A belated thank you to those who stood the gap for freedom.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    can kiss my A**.

You are God damn right that I have served OUR country! USMC(yoU Suckers Missed Christmas!) The last National Cemetery I visited was at the Chalmette Battlefield where many of our dead from the Civil War are buried.
    I think more about two Marines I served with who were lost than any stupid sales. I spent my Memorial day with a fellow Marine Vet working outside.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    OK, I understand that our troops have died to defend our Constitution. Therefore, going to the range or buying guns and ammo can be one way to honor their sacrifices.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Half of the country has no clue what Memorial Day honors. That is not the fault of businesses that want to sell stuff. That is not the fault of the education system. That is not the fault of government. In a "free" society, intellectuals and dummies are equal to mourn, celebrate, honor, disrespect, disbelieve, sell ****, buy ****, argue ****, eat ****, or whatever they want for the very reason the Day exists.

If fallen soldiers had pondered whether or not their service to this country would be celebrated or disrespected in the event of their death in battle; none of us would be even talking about it.

I slept for Memorial Day when I got home from work Monday! And was damn glad I had the peace in my country to do so!

Top Bottom