What can I do question I think gun shops Stole My Money

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Outing the shop on BS might reach a few people.

Filing small claims lawsuit would draw a lot more public scrutiny.

I don't understand what the OP's reservations are for not naming the shop (owner) Even if he was a sponsor here....which I doubt.

Just my dos pesos

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I just got my christmas bonus and I'm looking to buy a gun. Can anybody recommend a good gun store in the not so NOLA area? Any experiences buying would be much appreciated to! Thanks in advance.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don't wanna thread jack, but since we are on the subject...I brung my old mini 14 to a local gunshop because I wanted a scope mounted on it and it ain't had no mount. They swore they could do it... But I think they screwed me over. Can you guys help me out? Do y'all think he did an ok job?

8b57833aecc1fe22a1a530d376ec6079.jpg

Edit: forgot to mention, this was done at BubbGun

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Ok another question,I tried searching Google about this law and all the results are showing the laws for different states not lousiana..

Everytime i call him he gives me the run around and a different excuse..
    Next time I call,I would like to record him,I plan on saying something like:

OK man i gave you $1900 and i still don't have the rifle,what is actually going on here?

I know his response is going to be like,

Well I called the salesman and he said it's in stock but im still waiting on him to call me back so I can order your rifle..

Im almost 100% sure that's going to be his response..

I already have receipts but I want to get as much proof as I could..

Do I have to have his permission to record him?and use it as evidence in court?

I want to also send him some messages on facebook and hopefully he'll reply back so I can save the messages and show the judge..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

LOL OK this has got to be a joke!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I don't wanna thread jack, but since we are on the subject...I brung my old mini 14 to a local gunshop because I wanted a scope mounted on it and it ain't had no mount. They swore they could do it... But I think they screwed me over. Can you guys help me out? Do y'all think he did an ok job?

8b57833aecc1fe22a1a530d376ec6079.jpg

Edit: forgot to mention, this was done at BubbGun

Looks solid!

Yeah, I would say you are good to go. Not! :mamoru:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    No way I would have let this person hose me for 2 months. I would have already called the cops and tried to file theft charges or filed in small claims court already.
    I've never heard of gun shop ordering from a "salesman". They call the distributor and find out if it's in stock and order it then and there if it is. I've done numerous gunbroker transactions and my FFL that I use is on the list at gunbroker or I get them to fax in a copy of their FFL to the gun store or email it to an individual if its a private sale from out of state. Grabagun, Sportsman's Guide, Sportsman's Outdoor Super Store, and various others have my FFL listed on their site that I can pick to have it shipped to. Pay by credit card and have it shipped which also protects the money transfer and just pay off the credit card when the bill comes in.

captain-03

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Central Mississippi
    Send him a certified letter, signature required, detailing the events and include a demand for a refund or product within 10 days of receipt. Inform him that your next step will be small claims court and since a USPS money order was used, notification of Postal Inspection Service for fraud.

You should have a receipt for purchase of the USPS money order. Contact the USPS and see if you can get a printout of who and when it was cashed. His only defense would be to produce a 4473 showing a purchase by you -- which he does not have since you never completed one.

My thoughts.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I was going to write an elaborate story about swerving, so a cop got on my tail and I threw a beer bottle at him, but that's too much work right now. I'm joking... I'm smarter than that now!

Last night I was just minding my business while delivering some homemade shine and clearly failed to watch that speedometer! The Sheriff himself was right behind me flashing them lights! I put that petal to the metal and pulled a "bootlegger turn" and you know what? That dipstick Sheriff was still hanging on my backdoor! I did not lose him till I made the jump across where the bridge used to be!!!
    Any ya'll have any advice?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom