What can I do question I think gun shops Stole My Money

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Why is sooo important to know who the shop is at this point.

Op is asking for help on getting his money back. Surely someone out there has been thru this and can offer something besides flipping out.

I've never been in this situation so I can't help. If no other avenue is brought up, I would send a certified letter, if no response then ask the police if they could go with me to see the guy with you. After that you may have to see a lawyer.

If none of that works then torch his arss on the Internet

Last edited:

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    Man I would be irate at this shop owner. It's not like he is ducking you for $20.00. This is $1,900.00 of YOUR money. If he is truly ducking you and your calls I would go in the store and tell whoever is there you want to talk to him because you are about to get a lawyer involved. Usually that threat will be enough for him to come out and talk to you.

At the point of 2 months there is no misunderstanding. If you told him you want your money back, and he won't give it to you then it's theft. Pure and simple. Give us the name of the shop. Unfortunately there have been a few bad shops around this area, and it would be nice to know who to avoid. If everything works out then you can come back and edit your post to remove the name and let us know it was a misunderstanding.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Man I would be irate at this shop owner. It's not like he is ducking you for $20.00. This is $1,900.00 of YOUR money. If he is truly ducking you and your calls I would go in the store and tell whoever is there you want to talk to him because you are about to get a lawyer involved. Usually that threat will be enough for him to come out and talk to you.

At the point of 2 months there is no misunderstanding. If you told him you want your money back, and he won't give it to you then it's theft. Pure and simple. Give us the name of the shop. Unfortunately there have been a few bad shops around this area, and it would be nice to know who to avoid. If everything works out then you can come back and edit your post to remove the name and let us know it was a misunderstanding.

Agreed! Go to the store and you can be cordial and still get your point across that you aren't messing around. Go there with all the evidence you have, and if they refuse to let you talk to the owner, then I'd call the cops from the store and report a theft.

If all else fails then you'll have to go the small claims way which will be a big PITA.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Why is sooo important to know who the shop is at this point.

Op is asking for help on getting his money back. Surely someone out there has been thru this and can offer something besides flipping out.

I've never been in this situation so I can't help. If no other avenue is brought up, I would send a certified letter, if no response then ask the police if they could go with me to see the guy with you. After that you may have to see a lawyer.

If none of that works then torch his arss on the Internet

Calling out the store would give the story credit.
    Calling out the store could save someone else from being screwed.
    Someone on BS might know the store owner and could let him know he has a upset customer.
    There are lots or reasons to know what store it is.

Mr.glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    New orleans
    For the guys calling B.S,honestly I don't care what you say about me..you don't have any constructive help anyway,you just want to know the name of the shop and as soon I name it you'll disappear with no help at all.

For the guys who actually beleive it and/or are offering advice,I appreciate it alot..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You might have to go to the local Justice of the Peace and file a small claims suit. A very simple process and usually gets results.

This, local LEO's will most likely tell you it is a civil matter. I bet the ATF could be interested in one of their FFL's dishonest practices.

I've done a few special orders, my shop asks for 50% down and rest on delivery, but I usually just pay up front. And we make sure it is in stock and ready to ship before any money changes hands.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    This, local LEO's will most likely tell you it is a civil matter. I bet the ATF could be interested in one of their FFL's dishonest practices.

I don't think it would be a total waste of time to try this. I don't doubt it would get the owner out of hiding, and the officers would probably try and convince the owner to refund the money. The civil route is by far the most complicated and time consuming.

For the guys calling B.S,honestly I don't care what you say about me..you don't have any constructive help anyway,you just want to know the name of the shop and as soon I name it you'll disappear with no help at all.

Actually, the guys helping are the ones that want to know.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

For the guys who actually beleive it and/or are offering advice,I appreciate it alot..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ways I've got money back in the past.

1) Blast him on Bayoushooter "this has worked for a few people".
    2) Sit in the parking lot and wait for the owner to leave.
    3) Go to the local Justice of the Peace and follow directions.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Ways I've got money back in the past.

1) Blast him on Bayoushooter "this has worked for a few people".
    2) Sit in the parking lot and wait for the owner to leave.
    3) Go to the local Justice of the Peace and follow directions.

I hope you've found a reputable shop to deal with... Sounds like you get screwed over a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tstevens42
    Top Bottom