??Lake Charles OCer arrested????????????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    This was posted by Oldgoat, a LOCAL forum poster from Sulphur, La near Lake Charles. Does anyone have any info regarding a recent arrest that may match this description?
    I just got this via a friend with a scanner---->quote "just heard some **** on the scanner you might find interesting..

CPSO got a call of a man walking around with a gun at the sea wall by the civic center. officer asked is he pulled the weapon or threatened anyone dispatch told him no it is in a holster on his right hip walking with a young lady at the sea wall both white the SUBJECT is wearing blue jeans and a LSU tshirt.

Officer on scene tells dispatch he has subject on the ground at gun point asking for another unit. dispatch asks if he is resisting and officer says no he is being very cooperative!

They run him no ncic no criminal history they run the gun comes back registered to the SUBJECT.

10 minutes later 1 white male marandized in route to tripple C

charged with illegal carry of a firearm.

Ok first I love that anyone they stop even if it is a traffic stop your are called a subject but strait up this man was arrested for open carry." end quote
    Original thread is at http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/post8235.html#p8235

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Registered? WTH?

There may be a city ordinance prohibiting carry on city-owned property (i.e. Civic Center) unless in official capacity....

Really need the rest of the story first....

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Sounds like some third-hand information at best. I wouldn't get your paddle holster in a wad yet.
    Yeah, that's what some of us were thinking and we are just hoping to find someone from the LC areas who may know if this is a true incident or just more bullfeces. Oldgoat tried contacting a cop buddy with no luck. Just trying to verify at this point.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Yeah, that's what some of us were thinking and we are just hoping to find someone from the LC areas who may know if this is a true incident or just more bullfeces. Oldgoat tried contacting a cop buddy with no luck. Just trying to verify at this point.

Haven't seen anything mentioned on local news sources yet....

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Haven't seen anything mentioned on local news sources yet....
    Yeah, doubt it will make any news unless it's a police blotter type thing of all arrests/incidents. I'm skeptical of the whole thing. I understand some LEOs get a little hyped up on MWAG calls but a typical OCer out with his girlfriend walking along the seawall and the LEO prones him out at gunpoint??? I'm finding that kinda hard to believe. Open Carry has been all over the news and even in California they just walk up, have the OCer turn around and they draw the gun out of the holster, check it, then put it back in the holster. Pulling a gun and proning OCers out is so rare and out of the ordinary that when it does happen it's posted all over the internet and the OCer usually has audio recordings up on Youtube the next day along with calls for legal representation and FOIA requests in to the agancy involved. Other than what Oldgoat posted to LOCAL and OCDO we havn't heard a peep about anything happening in Lake Charles. Even he's skeptical and is trying to find out the facts.

Last edited:

cookiemonster

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Vidalia, La
    If he really wants to know he can go to the sheriffs office and check the arrest books. It is public info. It gives arrestees name, address, and charges.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If he really wants to know he can go to the sheriffs office and check the arrest books. It is public info. It gives arrestees name, address, and charges.

You can make a request for the information and they can tell you when it will be available and what it will cost.

cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    i dont understand the open carry thing, Is it so dangerous along the civic center you have to carry? Or is it a "cool" thing?
    I have a CHP and rarely carry a weapon. Dont have to or need to.
    Can someone explain it to me, other then "its my right".
    There should be a real need, not just because. chicks dig it.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    i dont understand the open carry thing,
    Is it so dangerous along the civic center you have to carry? Or is it a "cool" thing?
    I have a CHP and rarely carry a weapon. Dont have to or need to.
    Can someone explain it to me, other then "its my right".
    There should be a real need, not just because. chicks dig it.

:doh:

Top Bottom