??Lake Charles OCer arrested????????????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    i dont understand the open carry thing, Is it so dangerous along the civic center you have to carry? Or is it a "cool" thing?
    I have a CHP and rarely carry a weapon. Dont have to or need to.
    Can someone explain it to me, other then "its my right".
    There should be a real need, not just because. chicks dig it.

Is it so dangerous in IHOP people need to carry? http://abcnews.go.com/US/national-guard-members-dead-ihop-rampage/story?id=14457713

Not everyone is like yourself and can predict when they will need their weapon. Some people would just prefer to be prepared.

Also to answer the question in your other thread, open carrying the weapon would allow you to bring it home while on your harley.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I wish I knew with 100% certainty what places were completely safe and which ones were not. Born unlucky, I guess... :mamoru:

I could avoid those dangerous places entirely at that point in time. But chicks do dig the gun (that they never know is there).

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    "I have a CHP and rarely carry a weapon. Dont have to or need to." QUOTE cajunranger........................

The above is extremely dangerous thinking ! Lots of folks have been killed by that kind of thinking !

leVieux

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I have no first hand knowledge of this incident. I would like to touch on a fact that some people may not realize when it comes to finding out who a gun is "registered" too. When a leo runs a gun's serial number via ncic, all that will come back is if the gun is stolen or not. It does NOT depict who purchased the weapon. An ATF trace would have to be performed to find out this info, which takes some time. A leo on scene is not going to know who a weapon is "registered" too.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Been in Leesvile for 17 years and didnt know this.
    Always felt safe here, which is do to the local Police and Sheriffs Dept I guess.
    Go over by the fair grounds at 2 am on a sunday and ride back out towards the old stanley's(marketbasket) when you get to the railroad tracks, get off your harley and walk around with out a gun for five minutes. I grew up in Leesville and there are places that are not safe just like here in Baton Rouge. Many rapist and tons of pedifiles and just straight up thugs in Leesville. I carry when I go home to visit family in Vernon Parish. Sam really makes you feel safe? The corruption in the city police where they were selling drugs and stealing weapons from their own evidence room and giving them to drug dealers they were protecting makes you feel safe. wake the F up dude. do I need to find the article?

Last edited:

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    This guy must have done something...

I've OC'd downtown plenty of times, even at ridiculous times of the night, and have gotten stopped once or twice. Never a problem after they run my ID...

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    From the OCDO thread at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?95054-MWAG-arrested ....
    Oldgoat contacted a reporter and a LEO for info. This is his latest post-
    A few things, but nothing important.

I talked to my deputy friend today, he doesn't know anything but says he'll see what he can find out.
    That may take a day or too. (patience is a virtue I guess)

The reporter shocked me, I actually got a response. She wants a name, date, and time, and that I do not have.

Someone suggested I do a FOIA, I have no idea how to do that.

I'll just wait for word from my deputy friend.

Sorry guys thats all I have, oldgoat

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    at the civic center...well, yea you need a gun there, it's always some crap starting up, mostly racial having to do with which groups are there.BUT if possible I'd NOT OC there, would likely make a scene. If there was an OC there and he was arrested I hope I get on the jury for his Harley, I think he needs a nice offshore boat too. And a F 350 diesel to pull it with, plus the 35 ft 5th wheel I will push for

Although OC ain't real smart IMO, it's the right to self protection an shall not be infringed.

Top Bottom