Glock 17 & 19 MOS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've seen many guns go for more than what you can buy from a vendor online new, and honestly, it bothers me, but I ignore it.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    I see 2 G19's in the handgun classifieds, one is $600 and one is $700 but I do not see any you have listed.
    If a pistol is listed for more than it sells for at Academy It May Be Overpriced.
    If I sold a like new VP9 with night sights for $625 that would be a very good price but If I was asking $775 it would be overpriced. YMMV

mine has not been listed, as it's in my safe awaiting a decision. whether to sell it or to send it into a vendor to customize it to my needs.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's been in the works for the past few months, so you just may not have seen it. I first heard about them being made nearly 7 months ago, but it was just a rumor at the time. With the other MOS models out, it was only a matter of time. I put off buying an Atom slide forever. I just can't justify paying $500 for a slide, then $50+ for a plate, when I could wait and get a whole gun for that price.

My only concern as of now, is how high do optics sit? I don't want to have suppressor sights and still not be able to use them.

There is really no comparison between the two. The ATOM is a far better system and other than prove it doesn't have any of the fleas the MOS stuff is exhibiting.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There is really no comparison between the two. The ATOM is a far better system and other than prove it doesn't have any of the fleas the MOS stuff is exhibiting.

After looking more into the MOS systems, and the price, I'm probably just going to stick with no RDS. I cringe at the thought of having $1,500 in a Glock.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    After looking more into the MOS systems, and the price, I'm probably just going to stick with no RDS. I cringe at the thought of having $1,500 in a Glock.

1500??? I think I bought my MOS g34 for 600 and an RMR can be had for about 400 bucks on Dvor quite often (I own 5 of them).

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    This is our Hobby/Profession/Lifestyle and that costs money.
    Hell I got $1200 in a 10/22, that is still nothing more than a 22lr. that's been sitting I'm my safe untouched for the past 4 years.
    Yall almost got me convinced to start looking into these setups and put one on my LIST.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Glock 17 & 19 MOS

Just out of curiosity, what does a $1500 glock do that I can't do with a $400 one. I'm seriously curious because I've never handled a $1500 glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    3b8b9a53-2999-45aa-818c-2d64da646ef4_zps6ovkjpae.jpg

Do it!

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Glock 17 & 19 MOS

Those Zev Glocks look nice. The Zev and Atom are solid platforms. I have one milled from Suarez. The RMR fits very tight. Hard to remove and get back together.
    b390213d5fe0e0c57a299f103d21a62d.jpg

16c3f59681d7cf951f7b66e1d47fb35c.jpg

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Glock 17 & 19 MOS

The reason I believe the rear sight is in front of the RMR on some, is to keep the brass from possibly hitting the RMR. I have never have that happen yet with a few 1,000 rounds throughly it.
    I kept my cost down by buying a complete lower when they had a sale, and a slide already milled with sights installed from Suarez. I didn't start with a complete gun. And Interstate guns gave me a great price on the RMR. $1200ish total in it maybe, including the threaded barrel. That's not counting the $200 to SBR it

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    For those with red dots on there pistols where is the best place for the rear sights? In the front or rear of the rmr?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I cannot say the sight in front of the optic is better or worse, since all of mine have the rear sight in the rear. But maybe they pushed the sight further back to get more space to mill in a tight spot. that way they can push the sight furthest rearward vs how tight the sight is to the barrel hood and extractor when it's in front of the sight. Also holster clearance is an issue, but a kydex holster and a dremel go a long way. Of my 4 pistols with RMR's, my Zev D17 doesn't even have a rear sight, it has a screw on panel that covers where it's milled, and the rear sight is dovetailed on that, but with the RMR on, the sight is gone.

A little dremel to a comp-tac holster
    F2BDF9BB-062B-482A-8CCC-7CF4FCA24F1E_zpssf8afa41.jpg

usads07

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    New Orleans
    what would be considered "the right price"?
    i'd like to get what i paid for it, which isn't really much lower than that price. i got it for $550, and would like to not go much lower than that.

Just purchased a GEN 4 G19 FDE from another poster last night. He had it listed for $500 and sold it for $475 to help cover gas money since I drove from New Orleans to Baton Rouge to pick it up. Price was more than reasonable. I say that because most handguns in the classifieds are over priced. If you look at national sellers such as Gunbroker or Budsguns you can get an idea of what prices are. You can also check local prices at Academy, Cabela's, etc. Most sellers are trying to get full retail for their handguns or think that all of the modifications or accessories that they have are going to be of interest to another buyer. Just like a car, once you walk out the door it is used. Just my humble opinion. I am sure there are plenty of buyers out there that are more than willing to pay full retail for a used weapon.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I cannot say the sight in front of the optic is better or worse, since all of mine have the rear sight in the rear. But maybe they pushed the sight further back to get more space to mill in a tight spot. that way they can push the sight furthest rearward vs how tight the sight is to the barrel hood and extractor when it's in front of the sight. Also holster clearance is an issue, but a kydex holster and a dremel go a long way. Of my 4 pistols with RMR's, my Zev D17 doesn't even have a rear sight, it has a screw on panel that covers where it's milled, and the rear sight is dovetailed on that, but with the RMR on, the sight is gone.

From what I've been told, it's for two reasons:
    1) The rear sight protects the RDS (if in front).
    2) You will always see the dot first, since the rear sight isn't blocking the sight.

Honestly, it may not make a huge difference, but that's what I've been told.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    im not trying to start a debate or anything, but a BNIB Glock 19 Gen 4 shouldn't be worth any less than you could buy at any venue, whether its Academy or from an online vendor.

i may be in the minority here, but asking $550 for something that has not been shot, holstered or even fondled is fair market value. not to mention that if you were to buy from Academy there's still taxes to pay, the wait time, etc ... and if you were to buy online, there's still shipping (in some cases) and transfer charges.

again, i am not trying to start a heated debate and i agree that $500 for a used FDE Gen 4 G19 is a good deal and even better since you got it for $475, heck, if you didn't snag it up, i would've.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    im not trying to start a debate or anything, but a BNIB Glock 19 Gen 4 shouldn't be worth any less than you could buy at any venue, whether its Academy or from an online vendor.

i may be in the minority here, but asking $550 for something that has not been shot, holstered or even fondled is fair market value. not to mention that if you were to buy from Academy there's still taxes to pay, the wait time, etc ... and if you were to buy online, there's still shipping (in some cases) and transfer charges.

again, i am not trying to start a heated debate and i agree that $500 for a used FDE Gen 4 G19 is a good deal and even better since you got it for $475, heck, if you didn't snag it up, i would've.

Every Glock that comes from the factory has been shot. There's no possible way to determine minuscule round count. If you want new, you buy new. I don't care if you just bought it and it sat in your safe for months, it's used.

Top Bottom