Glock 17 & 19 MOS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    I love my ATOM.

2c0157a5-ec98-4689-94fc-3625e89d0468_zpsj1mlek2c.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    im not trying to start a debate or anything, but a BNIB Glock 19 Gen 4 shouldn't be worth any less than you could buy at any venue, whether its Academy or from an online vendor.

i may be in the minority here, but asking $550 for something that has not been shot, holstered or even fondled is fair market value. not to mention that if you were to buy from Academy there's still taxes to pay, the wait time, etc ... and if you were to buy online, there's still shipping (in some cases) and transfer charges.

again, i am not trying to start a heated debate and i agree that $500 for a used FDE Gen 4 G19 is a good deal and even better since you got it for $475, heck, if you didn't snag it up, i would've.

If the price of a gun is $550 plus tax new, then I would pay $550 for it on BS and save the $40-$50 tax.
    If the price of a gun is $550 out the door, including tax or shipping and FFL fee, then why would I pay $550 here and have to arrange a meet up time around the sellers schedule, drive to them and take a chance on the unknown? When I could go at my convenience and pick it up at my FFL dealer?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If the price of a gun is $550 plus tax new, then I would pay $550 for it on BS and save the $40-$50 tax.
    If the price of a gun is $550 out the door, including tax or shipping and FFL fee, then why would I pay $550 here and have to arrange a meet up time around the sellers schedule, drive to them and take a chance on the unknown? When I could go at my convenience and pick it up at my FFL dealer?

+1

I've met too many shady people on BS.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Must be bad luck. Everyone I've met have been good people. Maybe your too critical of others

I've met a lot of folks from BS... Some good, some bad.

I don't think I'm overly critical of others, but I can tell you a majority of people that act like an ass on the forum, are the nicest people you will ever meet in person. They just really don't have time for all the keyboard commandos on this forum; and when the keyboard commandos got too annoying, they went on with their lives. Some even became really successful in life ;)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    by your statement, every gun is used... why pay new prices if no gun is new?

I agree with you and according to him it is not possible to purchase a new gun because it was test fired or a new automobile because it was driven to and from the car hauler, etc.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I agree with you and according to him it is not possible to purchase a new gun because it was test fired or a new automobile because it was driven to and from the car hauler, etc.

In the end, it's all anyone's opinion and it's worth what someone will pay for it. You're always so grumpy when someone doesn't agree with you.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Must be bad luck. Everyone I've met have been good people. Maybe your too critical of others

Everyone I've dealt with has always been pleasant, loved to chit chat, and a bunch seem really well to do. I've been buying and selling on this forum for a very long time. Can't count the number of guns or accessories on my hands and toes. Now I met some squirrelly people on Louisiana sportsman though

Top Bottom