Live! From Awerbuck Day 2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Day 1 Thread: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17169

Flickr Photo Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teddysmith/sets/72157617737507813/

RSS Photo Stream: http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photoset.gne?set=72157617737507813&nsid=53433663@N00&lang=en-us

I'm on the range at exactly 0830 and Louis is already talking. Imagine that.

3509663365_25c25fd638.jpg

3509663371_fa2b541eda.jpg

We're back in the classroom for "about an hour". We're talking about malfunctions and how only 1 in a million are actually fixed during a fight. If you get a malfunction it will turn into fist fight. One problem with malfunctions is you don't know you have a malfunction until you are trying to shoot someone.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Regardless of your chance of using it in a fight, we go over clearance drills anyway. He asks Paul how to clear a malfunction.

Paul: "Tap Rack Assess".

Louis: "I would go Tap Rack Bang but OK".

Louis then says if you have a malfunction on the line to fix it your way and he'll wait as long as he takes. He doesn't need to be at his next class until the 13th so he has 7 days to wait.

Now he's showing an alternate method. Tap Roll Rack. Let gravity help the round come out.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    "This is called a stovepipe, unless Paul came up with a new word for it last week."

"You can clear it by sweeping it with your hand. You might cut your hand open but it's better than getting shot."

3509683321_fa5fa0bf98.jpg

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    "I'm not doing a clearance drill in a fight. I'm either going to grab another gun or it's a fist fight. That's the only two options. That's why I carry two guns."

"I've filed down the slide lock on my carry gun. When it goes click I grab another gun. I've reduced my thought process down to the size of a pea."

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    When clearing a double feed on HK, Glock, Sig, Para, double stack Smith, just rip the mag out and rack the slide. No need to lock the slide. Two second fix.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Most double feeds take 8 seconds to fix. He asks someone with a stop watch to tell us how long eight seconds is.

We sit in silence....

"You hear that dripping sound? That's your blood leaking out."

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    "If I go to jail it will be for killing someone in a restaurant hitting a ketchup bottle. People in America come out of the womb eating ketchup. This is what happens with a glock magazine with three or four rounds in it. You pull the mag out, hit, put it back in and now you get the ketchup bottle effect. The neat trick you'll get a round a backwards round jammed in the chamber. You are now F-U-C-K f***ed."

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    "My brother went down with one round from a .32. Don't worry about caliber. A bullet is a bullet is a bullet. Some guys will say oh I wouldn't touch a .380. What's a 380? It's a short 9mm. Almost everyone here is running 9mm. Just hit the damn target."

"The one real bad cartridge is the .25. It's worse than a .22 and worse than a .32."

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    "Some guys are buying $5,000 pistols. What I'm going to do is buy a $130 tokarev and shoot you in the head and take your pimp pistol."

"It's like guys who put rims on their **** car. Make sure you put the spinners on it so you can look like your going when you stop and you stop when you are going."

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Regarding modified pistols: "This is like me chasing a 18yo college girl. The only way I'm going to catch her is with a gun if she's stupid enough to stop running. And if I do catch her I've forgotten what to do with her. Stop putting **** on your gun that you don't need. Quit while you're ahead. If you don't believe me, all of us old guys in this room have a brown box that is full of **** we don't need. More **** than Brownells. One year I made one and a half guns out of **** just in that box. Don't make cake out of ****. You can get it to smell real good but don't take a bite out of it."

macmail

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well Teddy, I know you're ready to shoot, but I'm LMAO and having a blast reading all the quotes. Hope you remembered your pad and pencil for the range. This is great stuff. I'm sure you're all having a blast and learning some great info.

macmail

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    "My brother went down with one round from a .32. Don't worry about caliber. A bullet is a bullet is a bullet. Some guys will say oh I wouldn't touch a .380. What's a 380? It's a short 9mm. Almost everyone here is running 9mm. Just hit the damn target"

The Force is strong in this one:)

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well that's been a rough two hours. We switched to semi-3D targets (just a regular target folded/curved) and one glock malfunctioned. Paul's mtac holster is not working. My P7 choked twice in a row. We did an airsoft force on force drill (a student tried to tackle Louis from 7 yards three times, he got shot each time).

Pictures uploading. Sorry the internet is really slow uploading pictures here.

Top Bottom