Live! From Awerbuck Day 2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    Correctamundo. I measured that project ten times before applying the Mark 1 Mod 0 hacksaw. It is well within legal specs.

Its a BAD little mo-fo. What I was doing in the photo, during our lunch break, was seeing how it prints at 50 yards with bear balls. I just whacked the barrel off and didn't bother to re-install a front bead; and it works great with shot; I had no problems dealing with the heavy steel plates at the Amite team 3-gun match last Saturday.

But rumor control has it that there will be a long-range slug target next go-around. I never intended this shotgun to be anything but a last-ditch, incredibly handy home defense weapon. Turns out it is a hoot to play with. But I needed to know where those bear balls would hit.

I wanted to put up a target, but Louis snorted and said "Shoot at the water bottle." Said water bottle was still on the berm where we left it yesterday. Okay... that's about SIXTY yards, but I'll give it the old college try.

The el cheapo Remington slugs were hitting about a foot high. The Federal F127 "good" slugs both impacted about an inch high (and an inch apart from each other), so I quit while I was ahead.

Bring it on, Wong brothers!!!:rofl::rofl:

I'm going to pick up the new 390 in the AM, then I guess it will be time to hack the old one up.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Basic side stepping drill before we moved back, were forced to reload, and the targets were turned sideways and angeled on us.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6VAzvIFwBY[/ame]

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Man, video sure does help you see your flaws. :D

Not that it is ANY excuse, but I personally found myself more concerned with running into the guy next to me than what I was aiming at. I'm gonna try to tune it out today.

And Sound, hurry the hell up with that RDO training! I'd love some followup drill days out at HI. :naughty:

Top Bottom