The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    As we all know, 0.08 BAC is the legal limit for driving while intoxicated. My question is: if someone blows a 0.08 are they over the limit? Or would this person have to blow 0.081 to be convicted?

Random thought, I know. But I was hoping someone here would have the answer. Thoughts and opinions welcomed, but state if your answer is known to be true.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I dont recall mine reading three decimal places, .081 to me is guilty as two boys ****ing on the Vatican lawn on Easter Sunday

.08 is the limit so you should be good

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Between .04 g% and .079 g%, it's discretionary based on the arrested person's level of impairment. Also, if a person is significantly impaired and only registers .05 g% on the Intoxilyzer, I'm gonna' get urine for toxicology. They're still gonna' get booked for the DWI.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Between .04 g% and .079 g%, it's discretionary based on the arrested person's level of impairment. Also, if a person is significantly impaired and only registers .05 g% on the Intoxilyzer, I'm gonna' get urine for toxicology. They're still gonna' get booked for the DWI.

Exactly. It is not only the intoxilizer reading that counts.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs

how in the world is that legal? if you blow over then youre booked. if you blow under then you test and retest until you can find a way to stick em with it? thats the way to serve and protect huh?

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    im on how the **** is that legal kick?:mad::confused: why do we have a limit then? you cant get a speeding ticket for 69/70 just because the officer thinks you are driving too fast.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    I do it for a living...

If you'd had to work the alcohol & drug related fatality crashes that I have, you probably wouldn't be so liberal in your thoughts on the matter...

Last edited:

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    Here is part of the DWI Law. .08% or above is considered impaired and illegal.

RS 14:98

§98. Operating a vehicle while intoxicated

A.(1) The crime of operating a vehicle while intoxicated is the operating of any motor vehicle, aircraft, watercraft, vessel, or other means of conveyance when:

(a) The operator is under the influence of alcoholic beverages; or

(b) The operator's blood alcohol concentration is 0.08 percent or more by weight based on grams of alcohol per one hundred cubic centimeters of blood; or

(c) The operator is under the influence of any controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedule I, II, III, IV, or V as set forth in R.S. 40:964; or

(d)(i) The operator is under the influence of a combination of alcohol and one or more drugs which are not controlled dangerous substances and which are legally obtainable with or without a prescription.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

A.(1) The crime of operating a vehicle while intoxicated is the operating of any motor vehicle, aircraft, watercraft, vessel, or other means of conveyance when:

(a) The operator is under the influence of alcoholic beverages; or

(b) The operator's blood alcohol concentration is 0.08 percent or more by weight based on grams of alcohol per one hundred cubic centimeters of blood; or

(c) The operator is under the influence of any controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedule I, II, III, IV, or V as set forth in R.S. 40:964; or

(d)(i) The operator is under the influence of a combination of alcohol and one or more drugs which are not controlled dangerous substances and which are legally obtainable with or without a prescription.

There you have it.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs

theres the answer

Top Bottom