1,200 Troops Headed To Border??? (CORRECTION)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    All show for the November elections. They'll gather intelligence until the elections are over and do nothing, they'll have gotten what they wanted.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Arizona is being infiltrated and surrounded,leaders and families and supporters soon to be captured and run into FEMA camps as a rouge state, made an example of

What If ???

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't think I'd elect you just on that idea. It's a good one though. I'd put you in the DOD somewhere (I'd get rid of DHS).

If I were president, I'd replace EVERY federal tax with a flat sales tax... a fairly low one. ~10% or less. Oh, and repeal every federal gun law too. Who will vote for me? :D

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't think I'd elect you just on that idea. It's a good one though. I'd put you in the DOD somewhere (I'd get rid of DHS).

If I were president, I'd replace EVERY federal tax with a flat sales tax... a fairly low one. ~10% or less. Oh, and repeal every federal gun law too. Who will vote for me? :D

The flat tax is unconstitutional. Get rid of Federal INCOME Tax. Your INCOME isn't taxable lawfully. Congress agrees on the Federal Budget and it's apportioned to the population of the states. Period. No debt to roll over; no deficit.

Yeah, that one idea isn't enough. I'd abide by the Constitution for these united States of America and Bill of Rights or I'd fall on my sword on public TV. How's that? :)

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The flat tax is unconstitutional. Get rid of Federal INCOME Tax. Your INCOME isn't taxable lawfully. Congress agrees on the Federal Budget and it's apportioned to the population of the states. Period. No debt to roll over; no deficit.

Yeah, that one idea isn't enough. I'd abide by the Constitution for these united States of America and Bill of Rights or I'd fall on my sword on public TV. How's that? :)

Sales tax, not income.

occunknown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ringgold
    They will be handing out water and tortillas at the border. They will have medical help to deliver babies in case they can't make it to a town to get their free welfare.

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    How can the President deploy a state's National Guard troops domestically? I understand they are activated and deployed during times of war(?). Other than that, I thought the National Guard troops were directed by the Governor of each state...

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    How can the President deploy a state's National Guard troops domestically? I understand they are activated and deployed during times of war(?). Other than that, I thought the National Guard troops were directed by the Governor of each state...

Simple.

This President happily wipes his ass with the Constitution on a daily basis!

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I'd go if I would work low vis operations like humint collection and have a decent ammo load. Otherwise you're sending 1200 targets for the drug dealers who are excessivley overarmed. I've heard some crappy stories about the last time.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A national sales tax

Is your idea to have congress pass a budget which is billed to the states? That's how I understood it.
    I don't like a national sales tax. My idea is as it's outlayed in the Constitution: The Fed states it needs x amount of dollars; Congress either vetoes or ratifies and hands the bill to the states; the states are on the hook based upon their percentage of the total population. That would be your bill.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't like a national sales tax. My idea is as it's outlayed in the Constitution: The Fed states it needs x amount of dollars; Congress either vetoes or ratifies and hands the bill to the states; the states are on the hook based upon their percentage of the total population. That would be your bill.

That would work. So federal funding would come from state taxes rather than having an additional federal tax.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Does anyone believe President Obama would be doing this had it not been for the actions of Arizona?

IMHO, this only discredits the knee-jerk remarks ("irresponsible", "misguided") he made even further- thus making him look, well....foolish.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Does anyone believe President Obama would be doing this had it not been for the actions of Arizona?

IMHO, this only discredits the knee-jerk remarks ("irresponsible", "misguided") he made even further- thus making him look, well....foolish.

He plays both sides to put on facade of making some conservative decisions, but he only takes real action in favor of the far left. It's the same with his decision not long ago to open more offshore drilling and approve a few more nuclear plants. The nuke plants will take forever build with union employees, and offshore drilling... well... that ain't happening now.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He plays both sides to put on facade of making some conservative decisions, but he only takes real action in favor of the far left. It's the same with his decision not long ago to open more offshore drilling and approve a few more nuclear plants. The nuke plants will take forever build with union employees, and offshore drilling... well... that ain't happening now.

I think sending a paltry 1200 troops to aid in policing (I guess) the border is really kind of a joke, anyway. Once the troops they send actually arrive, we'll probably hear of some of them being indicted on human rights violations right out of the gate...:confused:

But I do think this move directly stems from Arizona's attempt to force the feds' hand.

The funny part is, for all the bad things he claims to have "inherited from the previous administration", Obama sure seems to recycle a lot of their old ideas.....:rolleyes:

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    Top Bottom