1 Hand Gun Stuff --- Watch Me!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    I've been a proponent of learning to work the pistol with one hand for a long time. Why? Of course, the obvious answer is Injury to one hand. Another, less obvious, but more common occurrence is situations where one hand is being used to perform a task such as opening a door or controlling/guiding someone.
    Another aspect is confidence. Simply put, if you are confident manipulating the gun with your offhand, everything else is easy.

I divide my practice into thirds. 1/3 Right Hand Only, 1/3 Both hands, 1/3 Left Hand Only. The basic gun skills are the same regardless of how many hands you get to use. They are Drawing, Shooting, Reloading and Addressing Stoppages.

Here are a couple of clips illustrating my take:

Gunhand Only Gun Stuff
    Offhand Only Gun Stuff

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Great stuff like usual Paul

It freaking amazes me some of the comments in youtube though ....................

LAWDDDDD some people shouldnt be allowed to reproduce :)

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    So, Advanced Handgun - when and where?

Hah! The two main pistol classes that I do are IPS and RPM [yes, both TLAs!]. Integrated Pistol Skills is my take on a broad spectrum defensive pistol class. Robust Pistol Manipulations has a narrower focus in which I address gunhandling with a heavy emphasis on running the gun with both hands and right hand only and left hand only. Neither class is a prereq for the other. For someone who has done no formal training, IPS will cover more ground while RPM with cover more reps on a more limited skillset. Obviously, I think both classes are very good, but I am a little biased. ;)

Top Bottom