1000' rule?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MSU Longshot

Left Handed Hammer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Sulphur, LA
    we have a bow shop right across the street from campus that carry's a few guns. I may be use and discharge within 1000'

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    It's private property, it's considered an extension of your car ... ( smile here )

There is a gun shop and firing range across the street from a high school in Lake Charles

We carry in ande out legaly ( even before the lift of the stupid 1000 ft rule

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    That will depend on the parish ordinances, since it changes from parish to parish, just like the restrictions and requirements to setup a shooting range they are not the same in Lafayette Parish as they are in St. Martin Parish for example.

Or 1000' from the public road and 1 1/2 mile from a church to shoot in your own property kinna thing.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    That will depend on the parish ordinances, since it changes from parish to parish, just like the restrictions and requirements to setup a shooting range they are not the same in Lafayette Parish as they are in St. Martin Parish for example.

Or 1000' from the public road and 1 1/2 mile from a church to shoot in your own property kinna thing.

Personally I have a problem with anyone telling somebody what they can do on their own property. If I own it, I should be able to do as I want.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Not anymore than if it was a christian church.

I posed the question to raise the issue of property rights, not to start a religious discussion.

My point is that most people accept limitations to their property rights, just as we do for personal rights; those legitimate limitations usually involve the greater good, or where unlimited exercise of your rights negatively affect the rights of others.

Top Bottom