1000 yd. range @ The Fusilier Complex

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keano44

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    A future 200-1000 yd. rifle range is in the planning and fund raising stages now, for the Fusilier Complex http://www.hcrpc.com, a private shooting club near Arnaudville.
    To raise funds for the Long range Rifle Project (to provide range facilities for rifle shooters up to 1000 yards), a raffle is currently underway. The grand prize is a Remington 223 caliber 700 SS 5-R Mil-Spec rifle (value $1,359). Tickets are $1 each and the drawing will take place at the Fusilier Complex range facility on National Hunting & Fishing Day, Saturday, Sept. 26 at 1 PM. You need not be present to win. For more information, contact Bayou Teche Guns at 337-754-5115.
    I also purchased tickets at Custom Gun Works in Lafayette.

Last edited:

keano44

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    HiCap,

The land is already owned by the Fusilier Complex. They (we; the club) own 1 square mile of property. About 50 acres is currently being used for the rifle, shotgun, and pistol ranges. Most of the property is leased to a farmer for agricultural use at the present time. The income from the farmer pays a good deal of the property note. Membership dues pays the rest, as well as expansion and improvement projects. WE NEED MORE MEMBERS to realize the long term vision for this club. The possibilities are endless.
    Back to your questions: I know they will not start on any earth work, or berm construction until the crop that is growing on the proposed site of the new range has been harvested. Assuming funding goes as planned, possibly 2010.
    Any questions you have can best be answered by Mike Brazda at Bayou Teche Guns in Arnaudville, 337-754-5115. I believe the publicity chairman for The Fusilier Complex, Don Cummins, can also be reached at that number.
    I am not a part of the executive committe, just a member trying to spread the word, to help this club grow and reach its potential as one of the finest shooting facilities in the south.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I'd like to know more info. Where exactly is this located? My uncle has told me about it but I never heard anything else. How much are membership dues? What all is currently available to members?

Any additional info is greatly appreciated!

keano44

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    jgreco15,

See the following thread:
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23990

It's located east of Arnaudville against the levee, north of the Henderson/Cecilia exit off of I-10. This is a 100% NRA affiliated club, so you would need to join the NRA if you are not already a member. The dues are $100 per year with a one time initiation fee of $100. There is a nice, covered rifle range with about 24 concrete benches and ranges from 100-300 yards, and a a handgun range that is also covered, where you can shoot out to about 75 yds. They have a shotgun area with a trap range. A 1,000 yd rifle range is in the planning phase. You can join at Bayou Teche Guns in Arnaudville, or go to the website: http://www.hcrpc.com
    Please write my name (Keane Zerangue) on the top right corner of your application, I get a $10 credit towards my membership for next year for referring you. Once you are a member, you can get the credit too, by referring your friends, co-workers, etc. Just have them write your name in the upper right hand corner of their application.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom