11 year old on bus threatens adults with .22 in waistband

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    http://www.katu.com/news/local/Mom-says-11-year-old-boy-with-gun-on-MAX-harassed-her-138237844.html

Imagine this did not happen on a crowded bus, or maybe the situation spilled over to a less crowded bus stop. If you were carrying, (which you wouldn't be, in Oregon) how would you handle this kid?

First thought(a): GUN!
    First thought(b): that has to be a toy
    Second though: oh damn I'm shot

?

I believe the women in the story did they right thing, seeing as they were unarmed on a bus and had their kids.
    But what if that happened to you, and you were armed? A shoot out on a bus is not optimal, bu could be necessary. Do you want for confirmation, as in him shooting, that the gun is real?

I'm not saying 11 is too young to be shot for doing what he did, I'm just saying what do you think would be the best way to handle them seeing as the gun could be a toy ... and no one really wants to shoot a kid obviously.
    Would you be willing to take a small caliber or two? Draw on him and just shoot if he starts pulling it?

I know what I think, I'm just not sure I would be able to react in a way that I'd like.

I.B. Pimpin

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    I should have shot him as soon as he reached for the gun. As some of you may know, my double taps are legendary.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    http://www.katu.com/news/local/Mom-says-11-year-old-boy-with-gun-on-MAX-harassed-her-138237844.html

Imagine this did not happen on a crowded bus, or maybe the situation spilled over to a less crowded bus stop. If you were carrying, (which you wouldn't be, in Oregon) how would you handle this kid?

First thought(a): GUN!
    First thought(b): that has to be a toy
    Second though: oh damn I'm shot

?

I believe the women in the story did they right thing, seeing as they were unarmed on a bus and had their kids.
    But what if that happened to you, and you were armed? A shoot out on a bus is not optimal, bu could be necessary. Do you want for confirmation, as in him shooting, that the gun is real?

I'm not saying 11 is too young to be shot for doing what he did, I'm just saying what do you think would be the best way to handle them seeing as the gun could be a toy ... and no one really wants to shoot a kid obviously.
    Would you be willing to take a small caliber or two? Draw on him and just shoot if he starts pulling it?

I know what I think, I'm just not sure I would be able to react in a way that I'd like.

MMQB'ing something from your computer screen isn't the same as being there, and having the constraints of (or even knowing them) the people who were there. I don't see how one could even begin to say what they would do, but rather, what they THINK they would MAYBE do.

What would I do?

I would mind my own damn business unless I thought my life or limb were in danger. If I thought that, I would do whatever was quickest to preserve my life and limb.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    No bail!!! At least it seems one judge may not have a bleeding heart for these leaches. It's amazing the comonalities that occur in situations like this.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I'm a little confused at one point. The gang of punks get on the bus and start kicking this woman's stroller. Hard. She moves away. They follow and the punk with the gun shows her (what she took to be and what later turned out to be) a gun. She moved away. What did they want? She moves away again. And the little bastid puts the gun away. After the cops intercept the bus at the station the punk gets detained. He cries at the Juvie court. I don't get this.

They kicked her stroller and she moves away. They follow cursing at her. Punk flashes something. She moves away again. How far did this woman need to move to keep this (seeming) predator away from her? She moved twice. He moved once. He cries after being picked up by cops. Am I supposed to feel sorry for this kid? Too bad the woman couldn't have just punched him in the face as hard as she could. Bet he woulda cried at that point, too.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Would I be willing to "take a small caliber or two"? Are you kidding? Isn't .22LR the number one caliber used in firearms deaths?

Other than NOT voluntarily accepting a small caliber or two into my body, I can honestly say I have zero clue what I would do in that situation. Way too many variables.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I worked out what I would do in the scenario I imagined when I read the story. It is likely not exactly what happened but I role play these situations in my head for future reference. My role play always has me winning - for positive reinforcement.

In this situation, I imagined disparity of force, a deadly weapon and a couple of dead punks.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I can imagine snatching the gun and punching him in the face but at the same time I have to remember these "kids" are not anything like I was when I was that age.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Would I be willing to "take a small caliber or two"? Are you kidding? Isn't .22LR the number one caliber used in firearms deaths?

Other than NOT voluntarily accepting a small caliber or two into my body, I can honestly say I have zero clue what I would do in that situation. Way too many variables.
    Well at least you dont leak out much and usually theres no exit.LOL

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I am a decent sixed guy, if it were me, I believe I could handle an 11 year old and would have no problem in my mind hurting him. Thug ass kids grow up to be thug ass adults.
    The bad part is he will probably get a slap on the wrist and while in juvie, will learn to be a better criminal.
    Had an adult hurt him, they would have probably gotten in trouble.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I am a decent sixed guy, if it were me, I believe I could handle an 11 year old and would have no problem in my mind hurting him. Thug ass kids grow up to be thug ass adults.
    The bad part is he will probably get a slap on the wrist and while in juvie, will learn to be a better criminal.
    Had an adult hurt him, they would have probably gotten in trouble.

"sixed" guy? Does that mean you have six-pack abs or that you are usually drunk? ;-)

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I don't want to shoot any one, especially a Kid. But I believe a Kid will kill you just as dead as any one else will. Some one pulls a gun on me, I will defend my self as best I can.

12secHemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Alexandria, LA
    Oh can't you just hear his momma's cries in his behalf. "Not my baby, he wouldn't do dat"! Where was she? Probably giving some dude a hummer for a crack rock.
    You're welcome.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I would like to think that I would've gone after him when I saw him reaching in his pants for something. I don't carry, so me drawing is obviously out of the question, but I think I could get a hold of him, easily physically control him, and stomp him until he dropped whatever he had. That said, I think I would be thinking very clearly in a situation like that, not because I'm not afraid to be shot, god knows I am, but instead because its an 11 year old. I just don't see an 11 year old shaking me up enough to stop me from being able to handle the situation.

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I'd have drawn the minute he showed it off as a show of force. Had he reached for it I would have done whatever needed doing to stop the threat..

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    THIS:

I say:

f8aaarws9aoljtam3tap.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads