13th Gate...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Don't care it was always too packed anyway (never gone for that reason).

Isn't it ridiculously expensive anyway? 3 hour line $50 tickets then what 10-15min worth of cool fake stuff?

Not trying to sound like a snob but it seems like a waste.

Or is it just me?

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just saving people a trip to the truck.

Appreciate it. I carried there last year. But now I have a good reason not to go this year.

Are they actual metal detectors or just idiots with wands? Because getting past those wands is easy.

Midnight13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    Actually is $25 for GA tickets, on Thursday night you can walk right in and go in with just your group. It's 40,000 sq ft, half of mile of walking and takes about 25-30 minutes to go through. We are known as one of the top haunted attractions in the country because of our realism and if you have never gone you really should check it out, no matter what your age, we have incredible sets, insane costumes, over 200 of the best actors found in a haunted attraction, a hollywood caliber makeup department and some amazing special effects. The haunt gets updated every year (all year long) from a crew of 15 artists and we have invested well over a million dollars into this show. It's not trashy, it is Halloween in every aspect...

Midnight13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    We did add Metal detectors this year and have up to 15 EBR sheriff deputies on staff as well as an inhouse security of 10 AND cameras throughout. This is for the protection of all. We have nothing against Concealed carry but it is dark and disorienting and if a gun got dropped, it would be a huge problem. This is not a normal business.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Appreciate it. I carried there last year. But now I have a good reason not to go this year.

Are they actual metal detectors or just idiots with wands? Because getting past those wands is easy.

Was an actual walk through with a EBRSO manning it.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    We did add Metal detectors this year and have up to 15 EBR sheriff deputies on staff as well as an inhouse security of 10 AND cameras throughout. This is for the protection of all. We have nothing against Concealed carry but it is dark and disorienting and if a gun got dropped, it would be a huge problem. This is not a normal business.

It's your private business, you have every right to make that call. The post was just to let those that typically carry every day that it may be a problem for them.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I have no problem with not having weapons inside for most. I could so see someone illegally carrying concealed inside potentially causing harm. But prohibiting legal conceal carriers will certainly lose business from some. I don't think anyone will disagree that the area is not the best place to be out at night, and even having a ton of security outside doesn't cut it. Plus anyone who has a permit should have enough weapon retention where dropping a gun isn't a problem.

But it is your business and I certainly see your point. I just won't be attending because going out to that area at night unarmed just isn't smart in my opinion.

Austin

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Are knives prohibited? Pepper spray? Just curious.

Top Bottom