1903 sprigfield Project

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I got a sporterized 1903 at a great price and have started acquiring parts to restore it. So far i have replaced the turned bolt and safety with new old stock gi parts. Waiting on my barrel now. pics coming shortly.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Good luck, that's a lot of damage to undo. It kills me every time I see those holes drilled into the receiver. I've come across a number of sellers trying to pass off poorly drilled and tapped sporters as being former 1903A4s.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The receiver is actually so worn that it looks like it is in the white. debating whether or not to get it reblued/matte ceracoat.

Are you trying to restore it? If so Blueing or Parkerizing would be the two options. To determine which is correct you'd have to do some research. I have a Remington 1903a3.

Dave

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Major set back today. Contrary to what a well known Mauser expert up here told me, the barrel for an 03a3 is not the same diameter as a 1903. Trying to decide if I turn the barrel down 70 thousandths to fit the rear sight base or trade for a new barrel.

On the upside I did get a 03a3 for 550 yesterday so I do have something to shoot.

I also found a k98 action for 100 bucks. The projects are stacking up.

Top Bottom